Petition for Noel King to be given the Ireland manager job on a permanent basis

naw soinen in.

Has done great work in Finland and would be an interesting left field choice.

Spot on Kev.

King took the job for 2 games before a full time manager is appointed. Give him a break for FFS.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 847404, member: 24”]Spot on Kev.

King took the job for 2 games before a full time manager is appointed. Give him a break for FFS.[/quote]

I watched the after match stuff fromthe other night. Fucking hell the panel are stupid cunts. Who the fuck does Sadlier think he is?

King was a bit ignorant in the interview to be fair, but his abuse has been ridiculous for the job he was landed with. FFS Ireland, we’re not England.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 847404, member: 24”]Spot on Kev.

King took the job for 2 games before a full time manager is appointed. Give him a break for FFS.[/quote]

Why don’t you give us a break instead of lashing out after Tinnion outed your tag rugby sin binning.

:eek:

King bringing up a petty disagreement with a journeyman footballer today in the media I hear. Very unedifying behaviour. Not the man for the job. Not signing in.

He’s not the man for the job alright but I don’t think he was ever supposed to be. He was a handy stop gap and he did alright. He also called out the bluffers on the RTE panel and for that he has to be commended. Sick of listening to those lads bluffing their way through every match, not knowing anything about any of the players and sobbing about the man on the street.

Noel King is alright.

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 847498, member: 1537”]He’s not the man for the job alright but I don’t think he was ever supposed to be. He was a handy stop gap and he did alright. He also called out the bluffers on the RTE panel and for that he has to be commended. Sick of listening to those lads bluffing their way through every match, not knowing anything about any of the players and sobbing about the man on the street.

Noel King is alright.[/quote]
This thread is about signing in for him to be made permanent, ergo some people were suggesting he was. He’s now using the role to lash out at people in the media, its embarassing.

King is not the man for the Irish job, but the carry on of the boys in the panel was a disgrace. These are the same boys who were falling over themselves to gush praise on Steve Staunton after a 3-0 win in a friendly. It was obvious from the get go that Dunphy had a grudge against King. The man was in doing a care-taker job, the highest role he’s ever likely to get and the boys take it as an opportunity to cut him to ribbons.

For who?

FĂ­or gaels.

Noel King is a very good guy and can walk around Dublin with his head held high. Maybe I was a bit premature starting this thread but I was delighted for him on Tuesday night and, being at the game, I was unaware of the shenanigans with the interview on RTE. That’s irrelevant in the broader scheme of things though and he did a grand job over the piece. His greatest legacy will be bringing Anthony Stokes back into the squad.

He also brought Darron Gibson back into the squad.

Ireland, Rep of, have now fallen to 60 in the FIFA Coca Cola World Rankings, just one place above Libya.

It can’t always be summer.

The anti Gibson stuff is retarded. Some players need Molly coddling, some need a kick in the ass, some you hardly need to talk to and you don’t need to talk to them about hardly anything. A good manager sees all this and can bridge generations and personalities. We’ve never had that in my lifetime. Charlton and Mick McCarthy came close but both had issues with Keane and one or two others.

With the right manager Ireland can be very competitive. I read this article today and agree with every single word. We’re setting the bar too low and Trap was a cunt and a disaster who has set us back 3-4 years. Gibson and McCarthy and all those lads will prosper in the right environment.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/ireland-become-antithesis-everything-roy-040224294.html

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 847651, member: 273”]Some players need Molly coddling
[/quote]

And these players can fuck off

Dunphy clamped this little guttersnipe today.

“Let him have his 15 minutes of fame”

[quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 847739, member: 706”]Dunphy clamped this little guttersnipe today.

“Let him have his 15 minutes of fame”[/quote]

fellas of your generation have a serious dislike of ‘salt of the earth’ dubs.
Must be a hangover from the 1913 lockout when the church turned everyone against them.