Philip Jordan mugs off Nembo Kid

He was a right prick that day alright.

1 Like

You’d probably know, is Mike Frank Russell the only one who has one them all (including schools) ?

He has them all, thats for sure. Whether he’s the only one, I couldnt be certain of that much.

However, he was only a sub on that Killorglin team iirc, so it may be that, the opening is still there for someone to complete the set on the field of play.

1 Like

He was a superb player over a prolonged period but I’d never have put him in the top 3 in the country at any stage. Kerry had more important players but probably none as gifted.

1 Like

@Nembo_Kid is a right prick most days…

Gooch was the man for dismantling mediocre Mayo teams.

Against the likes of Tyrone and Dublin very often he was nowhere to be seen when it came to the crunch.

Classy player who has had a great career but he was crowned a media darling at a young age and beatified at every opportunity since.

2 Likes

Who would you see as the best of those Kerry players off those teams?

The O’Ses (Tomas and Darragh) and Donaghy for starters.

I’d agree with @Nembo_Kid. Canavan delivered on the big days. Gooch not so much. Gooch was a great man cycling down hill with the wind at his back.

1 Like

Donaghy? He was just catching the ball to give it to Cooper.

3 Likes

He mopped Francie though

p joyce m fitz p canavan all miles ahead of that copper head cunt

3 Likes

You left out Savage.

for a reason!never scored a point in cp as far as im aware!mikey donnollen should be well up that list too…a very underated footballer

Mattie Forde retired Francie, that’s what the history books will note

It’s nice Mattie has that to his name.

Darragh O’Se and Donaghy???

Did you ever even see DOS play?

Gooch is slightly over rated by commentators and i questioned his elevation myself however the last few years has convinced me of his greatness.
Canavan was a superb footballer and its arguable he was as good or better. Its too close to argue and you don’t have a balanced bone in your body. But one thing you cannot give it to Canavan on is big days.

Who was central to the “startled earwigs”??? Gooch. Was that not a big enough game. If i remember he scored a goal within seconds. Hardly tapping over points when home and hosed.

But what really shows your ignorence is to pick the 2 you did. Very good players in their own right, but not greats. And thats who we are talking about. Greats.
Declan O’ Sullivan is the one by a mile who stands out to challenge Gooch as Kerrys best. Tomas next.

Canavan never disappeared? Never got marked out of it?