Pick your Hurling Team of the Year

But Maher was even better on yesterday alone, anyway, its all opinions.

Fennelly in for McGrath would be what iā€™d go for other than the Tipp 2.

HOTY - Lar Corbett
YHOTY - Brendan Maher/Noel McGrath, Iā€™d go for Maher.

Corbett & Maher i think.

Ditto for lads leaving out JJ Delaney.

I wouldnā€™t have Shane Oā€™Neill on a team of the year ahead of Tyrell, Connors or a couple of the Tipp lads. He seems to be very highly rated by the Cork lads on here and Cork born/based journalists and, though heā€™s a good player, I havenā€™t seen enough from him to warrant the praise thatā€™s been lavished on him.

Genuine question.

What did John Mullane do that was do great this year to get him on the team of the year? Someone even had him in for player of the year.

He was Waterfords only attacker all year in a team that got to an All Ireland semi final. And I mean ONLY attacker. Some of his points were astonishing given he usually have the guts of 3 men around him and no team mate within 30 yards of him. Also, to my knowledge, heā€™s the leading scorer in the Cship from play.

Heā€™s been awesome this year in my opinion.

Think Damien Hayes is Top scorer this year from play.
John Mullane was one of the best forwards around this year., no doubt.

Is it of all time then perhaps? I know I pulled the stat out of somewhere, may have been the Tribune.

+1

Corbett was worked hard to go from being a slip of a fella to being an out and out leader. Thatā€™s two outstanding performances heā€™s put in on the biggest of days against the greatest team thereā€™s ever been.

edit: Noel McGrath borders on genius at times

Actually now i think about itā€¦ Tommy was average in the semi and the final, so would have JJ instead of himā€¦ Can Leave Maher out though on yesterday effort.

Donal Og (Cork)

Paddy Stapleton (Tipp)
Paul Curran (Tipp)
Noel Connors (Waterford)

Pauric Maher (Tipp)
Michael Walsh (Waterford)
JJ Delaney (Kilkenny)

Brendan Maher (Tipp)
Shane McGrath (Tipp)

Damien Hayes (Galway)
Noel McGrath (Tipp)
Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny)