Pitch and Putt thread

That’s the one. Played it quite a bit around the early ‘00s of a summers evening. More forgiving course tbf

Murroe is still going strong. I played 27 holes there only last evening with one of the junior cchas.

They had just spiked the greens so putting was a bit awkward but the course was in fine condition otherwise.

The bush on the 18th has grown large and makes for a difficult shot.

Parteen has s fine course for summer evenings.

1 Like

I played it about 3 years ago and the grass was a bit long (a problem I’ve encountered there a few times over the years), but it’s got some great holes where you can really let fly. Nothing worse than a pitch and putt course with a load of 40-50 yard holes.

WANKERS

1 Like

50 yards is a very long pitch and putt hole mate

Maybe in Cork

According to Wikipedia:

The maximum hole length for international competitions is 90 metres (100 yd) with a maximum total course length of 1,200 metres (1,310 yd).

Holes over 50 yards in length are hardly reachable for most kids with a wedge,

I’d give than an INFORMATIVE :information_source: rating if the button was still there

Finbarr from Cork, the auld lad who lived across the road from my grandad and brought me to Ringaskiddy to the P&P gave me an aul five iron blade the bollix to use there. Final hole in Murroe must be 45m. We used cycle there
You’d give it everything on the last hole. Remember realising I could hit the ball when it went over the green after a while

2 Likes

Pitch and putt is a game of finesse, stopping the ball dead on the green by launching it high into the air, maybe a touch of backspin, swinging the wedge like a driver to reach a hole over 50 yards away seems all wrong

The next generation have taken on Murroe.

They are doing fine.

7e for a round. 5e for students

1 Like

Is there still a course behind the river end in bruff GGA pitch ??

Yes. They have a club there which runs the course. It is a bit flat and samey

1 Like

Ah here… you don’t pay in Murroe… surely?

Handsome day here at Douglas P&P

6 Likes

:golf:

1 Like

You have a Dennis Wise there mate, a nasty five footer.

4 Likes

I have been playing a bit of pitch and putt this summer and due to covid there are no pins in operation which makes a bit of a cod of the whole thing.

I used to play with a cack grip and I was handy. Lost interest in it when I went playing golf. I should have kept it up as my shirt game is fairly septic these days it has to be said.

1 Like