Pitch and Putt thread

Any fans here? Always a great way to spend an hour and a bit. A far superior game to golf.

Dublin used to have a load of great courses, some of which fell victim to the rapaciousness of the Celtic Tiger. Sandyford and Tolka Lodge are now apartment complexes. Good Counsel in Ballyboden appears to have closed down.

Bohernabreena was always my favourite course (it’s still there as far as I know) and I have fond memories of shooting 53 there in 1995, which like my record snooker break of 32, made when I was 12, is something I’m unlikely to ever better, given that I haven’t played a game of pitch and putt since 2001. I must have a game again soon.

I also have fond memories of the late Oranmore pitch and putt course, and the time I flaked a wayward tee shot into the the back of a man standing on a nearby green.

1 Like

Maybe if you played more often places wouldn’t close down?

I’d agree though. It’s superior to golf.
There was a fine course in Mungret, but it was bought for crazy money to build houses, then the bubble burst and the houses were never built. Adare is ok, a couple of holes with a nice bit of length in them.

Templemore has a smashing pitch and putt course.

1 Like

Worst thread in the history of this nascent forum. Cunts pretending to be into pitch and putt now in an effort to get a bit of chat going.

Rocko ffs, please just give us back our forum!

1 Like

What’s your favourite pitch and putt course, mate?

Used to play Stepaside every Sunday morning when I was younger Sid, I believe that track has been lost to progress too :frowning:

Glencullen is a beast of a course. The toughest test around.

The father in law is a member of glenville. Its a great spot and a decent course

The only stick an Irishman should have in his hand is a hurl. This golf obsession baffles me along with cunts been keen tennis fans when Wimbledon is on, and then mad cycling pundits for the tour de france. The summer weather is long when the weather is shite end of.

1 Like

Is Garryduff still going @anon61878697 @Locke, grand course

1 Like

It is indeed. Haven’t been up there in years playing but ran past it the other day heading to the woods and it’s still the same. Only thing is the school that’s in Garyduff now, how does that effect it.
Must try Douglas P&P this summer with the boys, that might be an easier course for them to start playing on

1 Like

It is … the school has been pushed to the other side @Locke.

1 Like

They’ll lose less of your commandos anyway, Garryduff is a lovely course though

I played a fine p&p course in Cork as a young lad. Twas in an industrial part of the city/county (maybe where there were pharmaceutical companies or something ?) but that was 25+ years ago

Is Murroe still open? I was a member of there in 1995. The 18th hole with the water feature was a particularly decent hole

There’s a p&p course beside the oil refinery in aghada

Herbert’s was a lovely track out by castleconnel.

1 Like

Played Lakeside in Templemore park a few times it’s a beautiful course. The links course in Tramore is a tester.

The Pfizers course in Ringsskiddy, Rafeen creek

1 Like

That was it I’d say

I went 5 under par on a P&P course once. My finest achievement in an otherwise forgettable life.

8 Likes

If you haven’t fired a ball out onto the R137 at some point while play Pitch and Putt in the Spawell, then you’re a nobody.