Planning applications

Iā€™m sorry.

1 Like

Is every square inch of Japan covered in knotweed I wonder. We should ask them about it.

Wow

https://www.wiseknotweed.com/news/knotweed-treatment/imported-insects-control-japanese-knotweed/

@flattythehurdler what you need to do before you lay a block is the following.

Get a batch of hazel sticks and put them firmly into the ground where each corner of the house will be. Leave them a few days then come back.

If the sticks are still standing you are good to go. If some have fallen over you are most likely blocking a fairy path. In that case youā€™ll need to change the positioning of the house on the site.

8 Likes

Jesus, have a lie down for yourself.

3 Likes

And I only trying to help the lad.

A known smart alec such as @flattythehurdler is always likely to rush into something like this with a divil-may-care attitude and, as sure as the gander loves the goose, heā€™ll fall into every hole on the well worn path.

I just hope heā€™s left with an eye to see some bit out of and a hand to wipe his own arse.

Carry on Flatty.

Can fuck up everything afaik.
I donā€™t think thereā€™s any there.
Iā€™ll be having absolutely nothing to do with the construction of this at all. I strictly conveyed that if thereā€™s a problem, just to do what he thinks is best. Iā€™ve had @gman and an engineer on it. The sparky is a best friend of my bro. The plumber is one of my very best pals. They said theyā€™d keep an eye on it.
The builder is well recommended.
ā€œHe does a lot of doctors housesā€ seems to somehow be the platinum seal of approval in Galway :person_shrugging:
I wonā€™t be about to plant the hazel rods and in any case Iā€™m not exactly sure where exactly the house is going (only roughly).
Iā€™ll say a prayer to the alderley edge faeries and hopefully theyā€™ll put in a word.
Thatā€™s an unpleasant thought.
Iā€™ve already been told the land is haunted

4 Likes

Jesus Christ

1 Like

What?

Wasnā€™t there some old tale about some bigshot from abroad landing into a rural Irish community and purchasing a site to the consternation of the locals? How did that one ever wind up in the end?

2 Likes

Iā€™m flabbergasted.

I think he ended up being killed and dumped in a lake and the herd was driven out over a cliff killing the farmers son.

2 Likes

A Dr Seuss classic

They found out he used bot farms for traffic to his website

Look at these two cunts

https://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2023/1203/1419888-the-self-styled-ngo-withdrawing-planning-appeals-for-cash/

1 Like

If nothing else, it should highlight that the appeals process is broken that it can be used in this manner to manipulate things. Iā€™ve seen lots of projects appealed and held up for months for no reason other than NIMBYism and bullshit claims. Major projects that would have brought huge investment to areas, stopped by someone no where near the place for no good reason. There is no doubt there should be an objection and appeals process in place, but it cant be manipulated the way it is.

ONe I recall, in Waterford, a guy who is involved in Construction and was renowned for appeals, objected to a site because it didnt have adequate parking facilities. So it was redone some months later and resubmitted with larger parking areas. He then appealed the revised plan saying the size of the car park was too big and the infrastructure wouldnt cope with the increased traffic. It now lays dormant, nearly 20 years later, as an abandoned old industrial unit and yard that looks awful, that was to be changed into shop units in a growing community area.

3 Likes

I believe one of the men who objects to each and every felling licence application has branched out to dairy farm planning applications. What a stand up guy

That cunt above in Greystones?

Is that the hen harrier cunt? Auld lad lost out on a lot of money because of him. Cunt was stopping a wind farm.

Amateur.
Hour.

Barrister investigating An Bord PleanƔla asks witnesses to destroy copies of draft report

An Bord PleanĆ”la: Amid claims of impropriety in its decision-making process, it engaged Lorna Lynch 16 months ago to scrutinise 300 case files for any ā€˜conflicts of interest and objective or actual biasā€™.

A senior barrister investigating ā€œmatters of concernā€ at An Bord PleanĆ”la has asked witnesses to destroy electronic copies of her draft report after complaints about an apparent data breach.

Lorna Lynch SC was scheduled to deliver her long-awaited final report to An Bord PleanĆ”la last week. But the planning body on Tuesday night said the conclusions would not be submitted until ā€œthe first week of Mayā€.

Rocked by claims of impropriety in its decision-making, An Bord PleanĆ”la engaged Ms Lynch 16 months ago to scrutinise 300 case files for any ā€œconflicts of interest and objective or actual biasā€.

Concerns raised previously about the work of former deputy chairman Paul Hyde led to his resignation in 2022. He later received a suspended prison sentence for failing to declare certain property interests, after pleading guilty to two charges.

Ms Lynch also investigated the allocation of files to board members and inspectors and examined officialsā€™ statutory declarations, amendments to inspectorsā€™ reports and communications with external parties outside formal channels.

The barrister circulated redacted drafts of her report to multiple individuals last month, giving each the opportunity to comment on her preliminary findings before she completed the final report.

[ Senior barrister to investigate ā€˜matters of concernā€™ at An Bord PleanĆ”la ]

Every individual was allowed to read only the references to themselves personally, with draft findings about other people blanked out. But some of the recipients found they could access references to other individuals in copies they received, raising questions over the redaction process.

At a sensitive time in the investigation with definitive conclusions still to be settled, certain recipients saw that as a data breach.

The barrister is understood to have asked the recipients to delete all copies of the redacted draft report from their computer systems.

There was no comment on that from An Bord PleanĆ”la, which said Ms Lynch had confirmed an extension ā€œto one partyā€ until April 26th for a response to her draft report.

An Bord PleanĆ”la chairman Peter Mullan ā€œwill consider the final reportā€ once received, it said.

[ An Bord PleanƔla to stop dealing with cases in chronological order ]

ā€œThe chairperson is considering whether any formal steps need to be taken on foot of the final report and/or whether to publish it either in full or redacted format. He will adhere to any relevant statutory or other legal obligations including fair procedure requirements.ā€

Ms Lynch had nothing to say when asked on Tuesday about the alleged data breach. ā€œIn circumstances where the process is ongoing I wonā€™t be making any comment,ā€ she said.

The questions raised over the redaction process come as the Government braces for a potential legal challenge to the barristerā€™s findings.

Certain individuals named in the draft are said to be carrying out a ā€œlegal reviewā€ of the preliminary findings.

People briefed on the barristerā€™s work said some responses to the draft report had presented the ā€œriskā€ of a court challenge to the investigation process or the conclusions.

After two years of turmoil in An Bord PleanĆ”la exposed weakness in the planning system, any such challenge would be a setback for efforts by Minister for Housing Darragh Oā€™Brien to stabilise the regime.

The ructions were followed by serious delays processing planning files, prompting Government moves to overhaul and rename An Bord PleanƔla and recast planning legislation.

[ Peter Mullan appointed as new chairman of An Bord PleanƔla ]

The quasi-judicial authority, now under new management, has apologised for such delays as it works through the backlog.

A team of three An Bord PleanĆ”la managers examined hundreds of case files in 2022, saying in a leaked internal report that concerns raised about the handling of certain cases had ā€œa factual substanceā€ and had caused ā€œunprecedented harm to the reputation and standingā€ of the body.

Ms Lynch was engaged in January 2023 by An Bord PleanĆ”laā€™s then interim chairwoman, Oonagh Buckley, after she ruled out publishing the internal report for legal reasons.