Players who were "the next big thing" but never did anything (much)

O Rourke’s son is injured.

John “Scan” Concannon was the best underage Galway footballer of the last 20 years to not make it. :smiley: :smiley: Probably the best underage footballer in Ireland at the time too. On the Jarlath’s Hogan winning team of 1994 it was him and not Padraig Joyce who was playing full forward. (Althugh Joyce was the captain)

Would put Joe Sheirdan of Meath on this thread.

Bonny Kennedy
Eugene O’Neill

Nil Lamptey

North county corncrake.

casano
kevin doyle
john o shea
shay given
andy reid
ryan giggs
ronan o gara
kevin hughes

[quote=“north county corncrake”]casano
kevin doyle
john o shea
shay given
andy reid
ryan giggs
ronan o gara
kevin hughes[/QUOTE]

When excatly was john o shea meant to be the next big thing?:smiley:

if you have nothing positive to say padjo-say nothing:rolleyes:

when he started playing for manchester first- the manchester irish fans (surely an oxymoran) were all raging about him

[quote=“north county corncrake”]if you have nothing positive to say -say nothing:rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

Is that the explanation for your sudden disappearance from the internet ncc, or has the missus finally laid down the law?:smiley:

:smiley:

The old smilies have been sadly missed ncc, good to see you back in action:thumbsup:

Niall buckley. Kildare footballer.

When i saw the thread name des mythen was first name that came to my head aswell pikeman.

[quote=“Gavin 2”]Niall buckley. Kildare footballer.
[/QUOTE]

Harsh. A very good footballer but suffered from injuries. Wasn’t he in the States for a while?

Wayne Rooney. A big, physical lump of muck.

20,000th post!!

:smiley: on the post & :smiley: for the 20k

Shit, I wanted that to be about something beautiful and dear to my heart, Leinster rugby football.

Well done on the 20k. posts Bando and delighted that you saved it for a mention (however erroneously) of the Mohill warrior.:smiley:

Well done Bandage. 10 times better than me and now you have it in black and white to prove it.

Indeed, although always thought he had the makings of a good intercounty centre forward given the likes of Seanie and lynch were ahead of him for them other spots…

He got fucked around a bit alright but he didn’t help his own cause either…

Ya but he played one serious game in midfield and got taken off. that finished him with Clare