Players who were "the next big thing" but never did anything (much)

Richie Partridge
Stephen Elliott
Sean Thornton

Javier Saviola
Denilson
Antonio Cassano
Joaquin

Mark Keane
Declan Quill
Matthew Clancy
any number of Galway hurlers
Kieran Hero Murphy
Mickey O’Connell
Seanie McGrath
Philip Clifford
Laois footballers 1996 - present

[quote=“sid waddell”]Richie Partridge
Stephen Elliott
Sean Thornton

Javier Saviola
Denilson
Antonio Cassano
Joaquin

Mark Keane
Declan Quill
Matthew Clancy
any number of Galway hurlers
Kieran Hero Murphy
Mickey O’Connell
Seanie McGrath
Philip Clifford
Laois footballers 1996 - present[/QUOTE]

Aidan McGeady.

James McCarthy will be popping into this thread in a couple of years. Andy Reid probably belongs here.

Andrew Quinn.

Sean O’Meara

Michael Owen

Chris Mason

Gearoid Considine

Freddie Adu

Rory Jacob
Des Mythen
Ray Cosgrove

The majority of the Limerick U/21s teams from 2000-02 onwards.

:guns:

There was another limerick lad around the time when Shaughs was breaking through(might have been a year or two after him) think he played senior for limerick when he was still a minor and was never really heard from again…Think his last name was Pat Kirby from knockainey or knocklong or somewhere…

And the rest of the 1997 minor team, alhough he was probably the pick of them

John Reddan?

Pat Kirby from Knockainey. Played in the middle of his leaving cert, was taking the frees and all. Think he may have played the following season but then disappeared off the scene. He’s back on the panel again this year I think.

:guns:

Although in fairness to him he has copped onto himself lately…

Considine was a classier hurler than Reddan and had the making of a decent hurler came on as a sub in 2002 AIF but emigrated a few years ago

He started in LIT the same year as me and was the messiah of the hurling team. I remember him coming on against Kilkenny in some game (may have been 2002) and making a decent impact. I wouldn’t have described him as “the next best thing” though. He’s working in Abu Dhabi at the moment my sources have revealed

Adrian ‘Jackpot’ Lewis

seamus o neill

Shane Canning (Leitrim).

Although in fairness to him he has copped onto himself lately…

Considine was a classier hurler than Reddan and had the making of a decent hurler came on as a sub in 2002 AIF but emigrated a few years ago[/QUOTE]

Reddan got fucked about big time when he was on the panel. Would be a decent player to have on panel now considering our options at centre back and midfield.

Anyone trying to take Seanie McMahon’s jersey would be in for a tough time.

What’s the story with Colm O’Rourke’s son? Don’t think he was listed on the Meath panel for the game against Dublin.