Podders

:grinning:

Clearly it’s very very exciting to some.

I’d rather a crime serial to focus on the investigation, the crimes themselves are all quite similar, each one doesn’t need a five minute description.
I’m heading out now in a few minutes, I’ve spent so long on it I’ll continue in the hope that it improves

This lad’s been charged with murder

I want a recommendation for the new year, for in the car and walking.

No true-life or crime stuff.

sport and/or history

Heard two girls in a shop discussing podcasts the other day, one commented
“Does it have anything about murders?”
“no”
“No interest in it so”

3 Likes

Peter Crouch

This can very good, depending on the guest etc

That’s the neighbourhood you live in now.

1 Like

I’ve only started listening to podcasts lately but I’ve really enjoyed the 4 or 5 Blindboy podcasts I’ve listened to.

cc @Bean

Bill Burr’s Monday morning podcast

Did you start from the start?

No, I’ve listened to the 4 cognitive behaviour ones. It spoke to me in ways I never thought possible.

Was it the first time you listened to a fella with a plastic bag over his head?

Yes.

Irish Times Added Times sportscast on Mondays generally entertaining enough. Gavin Cummiskey is a bit of an arse but the other contributors all good

1 Like

When Gavin and Gerry are in about rugby it’s rugby cliche bingo
Dancing feet
X factor
Pitch up
Forward arm wrestle

Malachy is a fine host

They’re ok, but I got sick of them after a while. He’s going on about stuff as if he’s being profound etc, but it’s shit you’ve already heard, or already know.

I would rather stick pins in my eyes

1 Like

On my daily runs I’ve been listening to Mícheál laffen podcasts on the rising and woi and a Chomsky one about the control business have in the US. Didn’t know 16m kids in the US are starving and 1 in 6 pensioners

Is the Laffan one any good? Just looked there and it seems to be fitting an awful lot into a short time, 41 mins for the WOI, 44 for the civil war