Podders

what was he cancelled for?

Moon Under Water is a real Wetherspoony pub name which is off-putting.

1 Like

His anti abortion stance having previously been seem as a bit of a lefty especially among travellers with his support of gay marriage. He speaks very well on the whole thing near the start. Hes an interesting fella positive and negative.

2 Likes

What did this ‘canceling’ actually mean in reality, I’m always hearing about people being cancelled but they seem to be doing grand, except for the Eoghan fella who used to be on kids TV

Dr Martin Feeley

Ah yeah I’ve argued the exact same as this myself but I think he did lose an awful lot of work over it. He admits himself he did go too far. Was on the path to being a full Ewan but pulled himself back without fully compromising his beliefs either

He got sucked into a protest organised by a right wing group, cant remember what it was about but i think he missed the subtext of the situation. Iirc i was a genuine mistake by him.

Also he killed nidge

1 Like

Didn’t know he was cancelled but in fairness haven’t seen him on tv in at least three years. He briefly had a show on rte he may have went to America talking to people in rough areas it was terrible. I also recall him doing something bad on twitter, was it he agreed with those who looted at Aldi or something.

1 Like

He had an awful lot of bad luck that way, they must have hacked his twitter account along with his gob a few times

Ya he did, terrible take.

Was it fuck :joy: It was a genuine mistake after he realised he had fucked up

In July 2020, Connors called for the resignation of the newly appointed Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth, Roderic O’Gorman, after a photo taken at 2018 Dublin Pride of O’Gorman alongside British gay rights activist Peter Tatchell emerged, controversial for his advocacy of lowering the age of consent.[6] O’Gorman stated “I met Peter Tatchell once and took a photo. This was the only time I have met him. I knew of him as someone who stood up for LGBT people in countries where their rights were threatened. I was surprised to read some of his quotes from the 90s, which I had not read before. Any of those views would be completely abhorrent to me.”[7] Connors accused Tatchell of being a paedophile apologist.[8] He called for O’Gorman to resign during a speech at a protest held outside Leinster House on 11 July. On 19 July, Connors published a full apology to Roderic O’Gorman, stating that he had been “politically naive” and contributed to “hurtful and false assertions” about the TD: “What is difficult for me to accept is that my own misguided anger led me to appear to feed an army of trolls and support groups whose views I find repugnant, whose politics are rotten and whose methods are ugly.”[9][10][11] O’Gorman said he accepted the apology and considered the issue resolved.[10][11][12]

He talks about it well in the podcast. Seems genuinely sorry he got sucked into it but who knows. Seems to genuinely hate the far righters. He also admits life is all an act and you have to learn to play the system. I’d say there’s a lot of fellas on tfk wouldn’t publish their opinions from here on social media under their own name or voice them in work.

2 Likes

It would certainly be an act of self-sabotage to say Shane Lowry is a fat fucker under your own name on social media alright.

I think you’re correct in the general sense though. When these lads get sucked in, they usually get sucked in very far and you can invariably predict what stance they’ll be taking across multiple topics.

So I think it’s safe to say the anti-vaxx, anti-trans, anti-green, anti-asylum seeker, pro-Putin, pro-far right, pro Kilmacud Crokes, Elon Musk and Jordan Petersen acolytes on TFK like @Enrique et al would definitely keep their headbanger, contrarian, tough guy views to themselves.

The only one with the guts to stand over his barbaric and downright crazy opinions is probably @Horsebox and I grudgingly respect him for that.

7 Likes

@Bandage is a terrific poster. He manages to enliven his unuanced otherings in a way that sets them apart from the identical beige monoview of @glasagusban and @farmerinthecity

4 Likes

I guess it’s tricky to find the time to do my own extensive research*, pal.

*also incorporating watching lads with certs in e-learning vlogging about vaccines.

1 Like

There was no call for that. I was giving you a compliment and there you go bringing another knife to another fist fight.

4 Likes

Woolie bares his soul in that interview

Malachy has done the country a service there with that, should be in the great journalism thread. A soul baring piece.

That near 200k/year off subscibers alone isn’t gonna put bread on Woolies table.