Politicians standing on the side of a road thread

I wonder did any cats get rescued there before the photoshoot?

Cunt of a road. They need to add an exit into south hill. Otherwise this active travel will be pointless. An incredibly busy road for the size of it

Forget the side of the road, the front of a graveyard :smiley: A ribbon cutting and all

Supposed to be a great job. People are dying to get in there.

3 Likes

Face Palm GIF

2 Likes

Not one customer complaint so far

1 Like

More accurate headline “Councillors raging at missed photo opportunity”

3 Likes

A better one again, they are building the new ward on a car park, so in order for the minister to get to “turn the sod” some poor shmuck had to haul in a load of earth and lay a sod down on top of it over the tarmac

What Egghead Donnelly and the hospital CEO failed to mention there is that it will actually only lead to a net gain of 48 new beds as 48 beds are being removed from other areas of hospital (rooms which currently hold 4 patients being renovated and reduced to capacity for only 1 patient etc).

Hospital corridors with sick patients on trolleys were duly cleared too as the Minister went on his walk about.

1 Like

Is there still a ward in there with empty beds because they can’t get staff?

They are seemingly short everywhere. Consultants, nurses, HCA’s, cleaners, doctors, catering. If it was the private sector it wouldn’t last a week.

And every year it’s a new record amount spent on the Health Service… :man_shrugging:

No shortage of middle management unfortunately

The head on the lad :grin:

1 Like

“I hope that the irony will not be lost upon you that I stand here, on my evening of defeat, in a hall – this magnificent sports complex – which I helped to build”

9 Likes

if ever a speech captured the arrogance of an FFEr, this was it.

Standing beside an area where planning has been approved

I’d indicate around that

Milk escapes tanker as driver brakes hard in Limerick town - Limerick Live (limerickleader.ie)

9 Likes

Outstanding. Literally

6 Likes

Magnificent