Polycarbonate

Anybody here involved in the sale or distribution of Polycarbonate sheets?

As you can imaging they are like hens teeth now and the prices have zoomed. Bad time for a skinflint like me to be trying to glaze a greenhouse I suppose.

sorry mate i work in the procurement and marketing sector of the polycarbonate sheet industry so cant help you

5 Likes

We will find an expert on the matter. We always do

1 Like

If I can see an opportunity to make a few euro I can get involved in the buying and selling of Polycarbonate.

Certainly booming at the moment anyway. Global shortage I’d say. But as you could imagine I’m only looking for thin sheets. Cut-offs, scrap, whatever. Needs to to be UV grade though.

Seems to be only two main distributors in Ireland. UK doesn’t look an option as far as I can see.

Why not contact the crowds doing all the perspex separators in shops etc and see what leftovers they have? Their contact details are usually on the big yellow floor stickers. If you found someone local he’d probably be only delighted to offload some of his rubbish to someone.

It need to be UV grade polycarbonate. Perspex wouldn’t be suitable but I know what you mean. I have been keeping an eye out.

I’ve tried to get a large volume of it last month to fitout our office. It was on a 4 week lead time. I’d imagine that’s gone up now.

Is it in an office environment, have you much to get? Have you thought about toughened glass, would be a better long term solution

Would you not use glass

Glass is 2-3 times the price.

Surely @flattythehurdler must know somebody on the mainland.

I’m sure I know a lad who knows a lad