Premier Ambitions

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1079426, member: 1786”]Was he local?

The only club that had a half way decent scouting system (as in regularly looked outside of the big clubs) around Munster back in the day was Wimbledon. They would bring young fellas to Mallow then every couple of months to run the rule over them. Don’t know they ever produce any from it though.[/QUOTE]

Forest were always around Cobh, obviously Keane in 1990
i suppose at the time Springfield who i was with were considered to be very big, but our players were only from Cobh, we never had lads from around joinng and i never knew of dad’s taking their young lads up to play with Leeds, Wilton utd, etc in Cork

good info about wimbledon tho, never knew that

i dont know.
its so bloody competitive, i think we are very good
there is a scottish lad i work with who played with motherwell underage who trains a very small club in south kildare, he managed to get a couple on the kenedy cup side and is getting his badges now, Paul Byrne ( ex southed /celtc) is down there with him sometimes… id say they are very good.
PM me and i can send u their details if u want

Yeah that’s the one an aul nordy cunt too and all

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1079447, member: 367”]i dont know.
there is a scottish lad i work with who played with motherwell underage who trains a very small club in south kildare, he managed to get a couple on the kenedy cup side and is getting his badges now, Paul Byrne ( ex southed /celtc) is down there with him sometimes… id say they are very good.
PM me and i can send u their details if u want[/QUOTE]
I’d love to go for a few pints with Paul Byrne

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1079112, member: 367”]at the end there they said the keeper signed a pro contract with sunderland at 14!
some change for the lad and some call by the parents[/QUOTE]

Jesus I hope I’d never be blinded enough by something to allow a (currently hypothetical) son of mine tip off to England at 14-1 on a 1000-1 shot. Can understand why they do it but fucking hell

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1079447, member: 367”]i dont know.
PM me and i can send u their details if u want[/QUOTE]

Not too far from North Kildare but a good pal of mine who has played, and still plays a decent level of football sent his kid out to peamount there recently. He would be very very clued in level headed fella. He was blown away by the set up and the quality of coaching and preparation for the sessions that was done. And his kid is only six