Premier Ambitions

anyone watching this on setanta?
follows home Farm U-15 thru a season, showing the pressure on young lads playing at this level, fellas going on trial to England, pressure on parents ,etc…
we had a serious set up when i was playing u-16 but nothing like this.
great show
the coaches are decent lads, dunno how they do it

you’d have to be very special to make it in England coming from Ireland, the standard is unreal here, even aul lads over 35’s on the astro

Watching it, great show.

there is a very good standard of football ireland up to u-17s. then you loose players to england
underage football in cork , dublin and even the u-14 team i look after in North kildare for my sins now as ive effectivly retired is of a very very high standard, we are sending 2 lads to leeds in feburary at mid term for a week… im not cut out to coach full time tho… its bloody nuts, you’d have fathers telling ya their youngfella is better than us and he’'s going to crumlin, kevins in the DDSL, etc next year where all the fulham, forest, everton scouts usually go watch… parents are mental

anyone on here have coasching badges btw?

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1079105, member: 367”]there is a very good standard of football ireland up to u-17s. then you loose players to england
underage football in cork , dublin and even the u-14 team i look after in North kildare for my sins now as ive effectivly retired is of a very very high standard, we are sending 2 lads to leeds in feburary at mid term for a week… im not cut out to coach full time tho… its bloody nuts[/QUOTE]
Is this a repeat or a continuation of the last series mickee? The goalie signed for everton at the end of the series I saw.

my first time watching it gola
the coach is a bloody decent man
yup, they are just talking about the keeper now on trial at everton and villa

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1079110, member: 367”]my first time watching it gola
the coach is a bloody decent man
yup, they are just talking about the keeper now on trial at everton and villa[/QUOTE]
yeah it’s a very good show alright. was on a year or two back.

at the end there they said the keeper signed a pro contract with sunderland at 14!
some change for the lad and some call by the parents

the parents are a fuckin nightmare at that level now. coming to training sessions and the whole lot and sticking their noses in left right and centre. Much hassle with that on team you train?

FFS , spoiler this

Aboy the kid?

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1079105, member: 367”]there is a very good standard of football ireland up to u-17s. then you loose players to england
underage football in cork , dublin and even the u-14 team i look after in North kildare for my sins now as ive effectivly retired is of a very very high standard, we are sending 2 lads to leeds in feburary at mid term for a week… im not cut out to coach full time tho… its bloody nuts, you’d have fathers telling ya their youngfella is better than us and he’'s going to crumlin, kevins in the DDSL, etc next year where all the fulham, forest, everton scouts usually go watch… parents are mental[/QUOTE]
Parents are absolutely mental. I had one dad on my young fellas team telling me last year his son is his meal ticket. It’ll be a small fucking meal. Always in the coaches ear, seeing every other player as a threat. This is under 11’s FFS (albeit a development squad). Then they wonder why their kid lost all interest and doesn’t play anymore when they turn 16, want to fuck off riding young wans and drinking piss with their mates because the football was what their dad wanted them to do and kept pushing them to do it.

There was a fella same age as myself whose auld lad used to drive him from West Limerick to Dublin 3 times a weak to play ball with some DDSL club when we were u-14.
He was decent player but wouldn’t have been that good. Mad stuff.
In his defense you never would have got scouted playing anywhere outside of Dublin or Cork growing up, no matter how good you were. Not sure if that is still the case.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1079322, member: 332”]There was a fella same age as myself whose auld lad used to drive him from West Limerick to Dublin 3 times a weak to play ball with some DDSL club when we were u-14.
In his defense you never would have got scouted playing anywhere outside of Dublin or Cork growing up, no matter how good you were. Not sure if that is still the case.[/QUOTE]

did Limerick cirty not have scouts?

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1079322, member: 332”]There was a fella same age as myself whose auld lad used to drive him from West Limerick to Dublin 3 times a weak to play ball with some DDSL club when we were u-14.
In his defense you never would have got scouted playing anywhere outside of Dublin or Cork growing up, no matter how good you were. Not sure if that is still the case.[/QUOTE]

that is still true
the only go to watch DDSL premier in Leinster anyway
the competition there to get young fellas onto teams is crazy, the Summer trials are very intense, there is even a transfer window, yes a transfer window for u-15 sides…
i know u have the whole bluster about young fellas on schools rugby teams and gaa but the competition for soccer is crazy… the fucked up thing about the GAA is that a youngfella can be playing on 5 different teams, club anywhere up to senior , school ,divisions. county… its really so retarded, in soccer you play for 1 team in 1 club… ok you have the Kennedy cup every year in UL which is representative, ud have scouts there allright… very very high standard

underage football in cork , dublin and even the u-14 team i look after in North kildare for my sins now as ive effectivly retired is of a very very high standard, we are sending 2 lads to leeds in feburary at mid term for a week… im not cut out to coach full time tho… its bloody nuts, you’d have fathers telling ya their youngfella is better than us and he’'s going to crumlin, kevins in the DDSL, etc next year where all the fulham, forest, everton scouts usually go watch… parents are mental[/QUOTE]

Mickee, would you say that there is a particular club in your area that gives young kids a better chance to develop their skills than the other clubs?

Was he local?

The only club that had a half way decent scouting system (as in regularly looked outside of the big clubs) around Munster back in the day was Wimbledon. They would bring young fellas to Mallow then every couple of months to run the rule over them. Don’t know they ever produce any from it though.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1079426, member: 1786”]Was he local?

The only club that had a half way decent scouting system (as in regularly looked outside of the big clubs) around Munster back in the day was Wimbledon. They would bring young fellas to Mallow then every couple of months to run the rule over them. Don’t know they ever produce any from it though.[/QUOTE]

Not one of our lads but he’d have lived close enough.

Was this the show where the mother wanted to whip her son out of the team there and then in the middle of a game because he was on the bench? Then he gets brought on and scores and she was giving it the big one. She was demented. She got short shrift with the same intefering behaviour in the lad’s GAA club.