Premier League 2017/18

African American’s is a term exclusively used / reserved for black people living in the USA …I’ve never, ever, heard it used for anyone living in the Caribbean or Islands off South America …Is a much less used term, but black people from Central / South America might use Afro-Latin - American, but not African American… the Latin part would be very important here.

The term African American encompasses descendent of slave owners in the Americas of West African origin. You need to brush up on your geography and the culture of the Americas. Guiana is on the northern end of South America. It is not a Caribbean island. Latin America usually denotes the Spanish speaking areas of the Americas. English is the language in Grenada and English, Dutch and French in the Guianas. I doubt the Latin part was all that important to Brendon Batson or Cyrille Regis.

So you can confirm that people from Guiana refer to themselves as African American?

1 Like

@GeoffreyBoycott ??

You’re sounding very angsty and needy that nearly ten minutes have elapsed without me talking or responding to you. I’m going on a conference call now for the next 45 minutes. How will you cope?

If you answer the question you’ve been asked multiple times i’ll cope just fine.

You have them hopping like sausages on the frying pan

2 Likes

He has about 5 or 6 of them on the go at the moment.

3 Likes

Team of the week?

1 Like

Otamendi :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Great to see Otts in there, he’s been outstanding this season. The pro’s know what they’re about.

:grin:

Sane gets nominated for POTY, but not in the TOTY, disgraceful, should be there before Eriksen.

2 Likes

Bobby Firmino very unlucky not to be in there also but some of his best performances have been in Europe.

Sergio finally makes the Team of the Year as well, shocking to think its taken this long.

And it’s probably been a meh season for him compared to others

A testimonial kinda year, notable for the records he’s broken I guess.

He’s a champion.

1 Like

Hope you got through the last hour okay. I’ve answered your question already. I’ll post up my answer for you again in case you missed it. You’re now asking me to become a spokesperson for the people of the Guianas. I’m not from the Guianas mate.