Premier League 2017/18

Liverpoolā€™s Andrew Robertson and the two Burnley centre halves must have ran close for the back 4 positions. KW nailed on at RB

Cheers, pal ā€¦ can you tell me who the Afro-Guyanese community are so?

Klopp didnā€™t consider Robertson his best left back so itā€™s understandable he didnā€™t get on TOTY. Having two City defenders on the team is laughable though.

What a season for Kyle Walker all the same, a magnificent player in a magnificent team having a magnificent year.

Magnificent.

1 Like

He cost his team at least 2 goals in their recent European quarter final against Liverpool F.C.

Lucky it was only in the European Cup and didnā€™t affect his selection on TOTY.

It just affects the assertion that heā€™s a magnificent player -

Every magnificent player is allowed a slip up every now and then. It cant always be summer.

I seem to remember him being slated for the Wigan Athletic goal in the FA cup this year also, ā€¦ heā€™s a very average defender truth be told ā€¦ his attacking prowess gets him a lot of superlatives but he is a defender first and foremostā€¦

Wigan cant be counted, they have cursed the Man City Club.

1 Like

They conceded the least goals in the league

I saw a stat somewhere that cities keepers only made 50 saves all season in the league. So if all these shots went in they would have still finished 5th in the table.

A testament to their midfield and forwards

Defending and attacking as team id have thought. Cities system often leaves their defenders looking silly.

Exactly, Otamendi is a bit of a clown when up against very good players but was excellent for the majority of the league season. Walker is there for his attacking more than his defending and he was very good for them in the league. Alonso on the other side is a much more questionable decision, even though the competition isnā€™t hectic

I would have had ederson in goal too

Correct, Theyā€™ve done well as a team ā€” I think when teams actually go at them, which is rare enough, their defence is average ā€¦

I thought he was very harshly overlooked alright, especially given the horrific injury inflicted upon him at one stage in the season.

1 Like

Itā€™s not really that their defense is average itā€™s a complete system break down. If you can intercept cities balls out of their defence your basically running through on goal. Thatā€™s why when pep tends to lose it tends to be a hammering. Monaco last year, Liverpool this year and same with Bayern v Real Madrid.

Winning the domestic league over a 38 game season is the big one. The European Cup is a devalued makey up tournament since they started to dilute the quality by allowing in all the also rans from domestic leagues. Liverpool finished 4h in their domestic league last season, 17 points off the top. This season, they currently sit 17 point off the top, having played a game more than Mancehster City.

2 Likes