Premier League 2017/18

You admit Otamendi is a clown but then have no problem including him on the TOTY. Were you on the panel? Both Otamendi and Walker were badly exposed against teams that had a go. Far better defenders than those two this season.

Otts and Walks were outstanding by all parameters in the Premier League all season. TBH, if anything, youā€™d say Delpo and Stonesy were hard done by.

Every team has a system ā€” youā€™re still a defensive line / defender ā€¦ I get your point and largely agree, but when Kompany isnt in their line -up they are very shaky ā€¦ even when there, Man Utd game, they are still shaky as a unitā€¦ They rely on teams fearing their forward prowess and sitting deep (which most teams do against them) ā€¦ youā€™re correct in that he wants more forward thinking players in his defence to suit his system - but individually, I think they are very average players and an average back back 4 ā€¦ the mistakes against the high press of Liverpool do show a failure in the system but they also show the flaws in the players themselvesā€¦ Look at the state of Walker for the first goal at Anfield in the CL ā€” thatā€™s very basic stuff and nothing to do with a system but a player panicking to the state that he cant carryout basic defendingā€¦

Kompanyā€™s shit, bro. No coincidence he was in the team for the collapses against Liverpool and United.

I never said anything about how good he was, bro. Heā€™s certainly the best they have.

Otamendi is a clown. That doesnā€™t mean he hasnā€™t performed very well in the Premier League this season bar maybe two games where he was completely isolated. What better defenders than them two this season?

• VVD and Robertson.

Take off the blinkers for one minute :joy:

How is life in the hood?

Verthongen is a solid centre back, beautiful distributer of the ball, the whole package.
VVD is the best defensive player in the league, Otamendi isnā€™t up to much

Ah ā€” I am only joshing with me my old mate ā€¦ However, Liverpoolā€™s record since VVD joined has been pretty good. But he was out for most of the season so even if I was serious , you couldnt really argue the case.

Everyone thinks they have the most beautiful wife at homeā€¦

Except HBV - thatā€™s why he rides whores.

3 Likes

Dont come at me cracka.

Not really, I made a case for Verthongen but thereā€™s better players around, Eriksen is lucky enough to make it, he wouldnā€™t make a proper premier league best 11, Alderviereld probably would, Kane might but thatā€™s about it.

Great to see a day if debate around the EPL tactics from some of the rugby haterz and trolls. Gas cunts.

Burnley equalize at home to Chelsea, 65mins

1 Like

Big save from Pope.

Moses scores. 2-1 Chelsea

Goal machine Danny Ings puts Liverpool one up

Poacherā€™s finish.

Heā€™s a better option than Solanke.

Firmino, Ox, Lovren, Robbo and the Trent boy are rested from the start today.