Premier League 2017/18

Awful … Vardy dived to win the free and got Matipo booked, then there was holding on keeper and I didnt see if it hit the Leicester players hand but he also looked to be hanging out of Gomez … Poor defending but there was some poor officiating in there also.

1 Like

Disgraceful simulating by vardy.

How he conned the officials, I don’t know

Liverpool will make a game of this yet

Just seen the replay … ffs, how do you not give a free out there? Blatantly pulling out of the keeper.

Leicester look as poor as Liverpool at the back but Liverpool are more dangerous in attack. I expect Liverpool to win this by 2 goals but they don’t seem to be going anywhere under Klopp.

Very few clubs in the world would have the resources to reject a 9 figure sum for a player so it’s a big show of faith in Klopp, you’d imagine a sustained title challenge must be the minimum this season.

Still shite defending. No one thought to drop back and cover the goal line when that clown Mignolet went to claim it. Gomez facing the wrong way. Basic stuff at most clubs.

It’s very hard to get big decisions against major conglomerates like Leicester at the Walkers Stadium. Chelsea were denied a stonewall penalty there a few weeks back when Harry Maguire handled the ball in the box.

cc @GeoffreyBoycott

It’s disgusting, they’re calling Vardy’s obvious dive a foul on BT

@GeoffreyBoycott very quiet on simulation by an England international.

Harry Maguire is as subtle as a rapist.

This will probably come as a big surprise to you, but there’s generally a co-relation between wage bill and league position. Swansea had the 14th highest wage bill in the EPL in 2016/17. Swansea currently lie 14th in the table. The top three teams in the table after 6 games, Manchester City, Man U and Chelsea also had the top wage bills in the EPL in 2016/17 in the same order they currently sit in the table. Spurs are currently 4th in the table, continuing to punch above their weight as they had the 6th highest wage bill in 2016/17. Liverpool (giving them the benefit of the doubt to win at Leicester) will be 5th and had the 5th highest wage bill in 2016/17.

A swing of nearly £37 million for Swansea in the 31 August 2017 transfer window on a negative net spend of just under £10 million in the 31 August 2016 transfer window. They’ve lost two of their most influential players Llorente and Sigurdsson. When you look at the wage bill and the current net spend figures, Paul Clement has Swansea punching about their weight (maybe slightly above it) with the new American owners operating such a financially prudent approach in the transfer market.

Swansea have a €60m man on loan that they didn’t pay a transfer fee.

Why are you so disingenuous with the facts?

Firminho has been gash again.

I am because I’m not watching so I have no idea what Jamie Vardy has or hasn’t been getting up to. Unlike yourself I don’t have the time or personal circumstances to put in an all day shift in front of the television every Saturday watching at least five matches. I managed to catch half an hour of the Spurs match earlier.

Would you ever send me on the Preston North End result. I still haven’t had a chance to get it.

Sweep, sweep.

That Harry Maguire lad is some liability.

Lovely break.

2-3

Vardy just standing there :grin:

Oh Liverpool