Premier League 2020-2021

I’ll tell you something, Fat Frank can’t pick a keeper. How could any scout have fancied that Mendy fella?

From Wikipedia:

Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard revealed that former Chelsea goalkeeper and current Technical Advisor, Petr Čech (who coincidentally also joined Chelsea from Rennes), played a prominent role in the decision to sign Mendy.

Chelsea need rid of Cech

Doing fuck all but happy to collect his cheque every month

1 Like

They need to get him some magic tracksuit bottoms.

1 Like

Or a magic scrum-cap.

1 Like

That was a very bizarre goal in the Leeds game

Burnley wan nil up at Sheff United. I wonder what’s the record for highest finish the previous season for a team that gets relegated.
They must certainly be there or there abouts for highest position previous season for a team that finishes rock bottom the following year

The gunners are hard to watch

Didn’t Ipswich come 5th one year and go down the next? Dont think they were rock bottom though

Swansea City finished sixth in their first year in division one in 1981/82. They were relegated the following season. I think they got three promotions in four years to get division one and dropped like a stone back to division four by 1986.

3 Likes

Manchester City won the league in 1936/37 and were relegated the following season.

1 Like

The pole with a great bit of swan trivia :clap:

5 Likes

77/78 - Div 4 - promoted

78/79 - Div 3 - promoted

79/80 - Div 2 - 12th

80/81 - Div 2 - promoted

81/82 - Div 1 - 6th

82/83 - Div 1 - relegated

83/84 - Div 2 - relegated

84/85 - Div 3 - 20th

85/86 - Div 3 - relegated

86/87 - Div 4

In 74/75 they finished in bottom 3 of Div 4 and had to make application to Football League to not be relegated to non-league.

A wild and crazy ride.

They lose 1-0. Derby County’s seemingly unbeatable 07-08 season now a realistic target.
2 points from 16 games :see_no_evil:
If they keep going like this they’ll have 5 (five) points at the end of the season

That was their last game of the year

:grinning: I need a few weeks with these lads

United moving ominously into second place. City seem to have sorted their defence so if Aguero starts to fire I think they might edge out Ole’s tyros.

Ole has Liverpool fans rattled beyond believe. They’ll be calling for him to be sacked again any minute now.

Who were the Liverpool fans that were calling on Coach Ole to be sacked?

Your fellow Man U fan @Arthur is the only one I can recall on the forum calling for Coach Ole to be sacked.

2 Likes