Premier League 2020-2021

As you said on another thread…

“ Even 37 year old Thiago Silva has transformed Chelsea by himself. “

You have your finger consistently on the pulse of what’s going on.

1 Like

I’m possibly the only contributor on here who tipped Man U to win the league this season, but as Coach Ole said last night, it’s still too early to be talking about title challenges. There’s about 10 sides within a handful of points of the top and there’s about 23 or 24 games to go still.

Coach Ole will be measured by different standards to everyone else. He’s the manager of the most successful club in English domestic soccer, the richest club in the world, he’s fielding most weeks the most expensive starting XI ever assembled in the history of club soccer and he has a depth to the squad no other club can match. Against Leicester on Boxing Day, Pogba, Cavani, Greenwood and Van de Beek were all on the subs bench. Bottom line for Coach Ole is delivering the big prizes, the Premier League and the European Cup.

1 Like

He’s been their best player

1 Like

The one thing I will say on Liverpool and I haven’t seen it documented by any posters on here, their manager or any of the supporters that they are the first team in the EPL history to have a few players injured at one time. They’ve done well to cope.

1 Like

I tipped Utd to win it at season’s start.

1 Like

This thread badly needs @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy. The Junior B wums are putting in a pitiful effort.

Cavani seems to have made a huge difference to Man Utd. If they start to build the attack around him then I think they will mount a big challenge this season.

1 Like

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy has resigned from
The forum I believe after Internazionale’s humiliating exit in the European Cup group stages. He said he would if Coach Conte didn’t deliver the European Cup this season. That’s the level of soccer expertise you were dealing with, with that bluffer.

1 Like

Given the stature and history of the football club, the unlimited financial resources at their disposal, the ludicrously expensive galaxy of star talent that has been assembled as well as the veritable conveyor belt of extravagantly gifted players being produced by the clubs famed youth academy why do you think the bookmakers have united at 17/2 and an injury ravaged Liverpool at even money even though only two points seperate them?

Gobshite

bookmakers

deary me

Coach Ole is under serious pressure to deliver this season. History would suggest that if he doesn’t, Woodward and the Glazers will fire him at the end of the season. 8 of his 9 predecessors in the 50 odd years since Sir Matt Busby have been sacked and in most cases after been afforded very little time to put their stamp on the job. It’s a club with a sacking culture. It would be foolhardy to sack Coach Ole. He should be afforded the type of time and backing that Coach Klopp got to deliver.

Coach Klopp worked the oracle in reaching the Champions League (European Cup) final in just his second full season at the helm. Particularly given that knowledgeable posters on here reckon the Premier League compares poorly to its European counterparts

But he fell off poorly after accumulating 97 points when the EPL provided all four European finalists, presumably making it a a strong league, to only secure 99 points the following year when it was a weak league.

1 Like

Sir Alex was winning European Cups for Man U when the EPL was apparently at its strongest ever. It really is a tribute to the greatness of Coach Klopp that he has won a European Cup and got to two more European finals in an era when the EPL is supposedly at its lowest ever ebb.

3 Likes

As a noted historian, can you confirm for me if Coach Conte has a greater European Club trophy pedigree than Steve McLaren or Walter Smith?

From my knowledge of Premier League years this season seems very similar to the first half of the season of 98/99 and 2001/2002 given how condensed the table was and the number of teams within striking distance of top. Were Villa top around Christmas 98’? Newcastle were leading the way around Christmas 2001 I think. Top teams dropping quite a few points like those years also.

Shocking.

What’s the rumour mill saying?

The report says the party was in Cheshire. That probably narrows it down to about five clubs.