Premier League 2022/23

And Brodge

I think Brendan Rodgers might be looking for a new club in the not too distant future. Possibly the Davy Fitzgerald of the PL

Brendan Rodgers will be Aston Villa manager by the start of November.

1 Like

Arsenal are flying

Pep was holding Gabriel Jesus back

No better flat track bullies than Woolwich to roll over the likes of Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Leicester in disarray.

2 Likes

He held him back alright to 4 premier leagues, an fa cup and 3 efl cups.

Everton are solid enough at the back but have literally nothing going forward. Their goal came from a long punt forward.

1 Like

Delicious tears

Tears? I still haven’t stopped laughing from Woolwich turning up at White Hart Lane last season, 3 games form the end of the season, cocksure they had 4th place already wrapped up - getting hammered 3-0 and then imploding next game up at a Newcastle to blow 4th.

1 Like

Rattled

Badly rattled

Who are Woolwich?

You’re worse for entertaining the Carlow man

Woolwich Arsenal is the original name of the football club. There is no such place as Arsenal, they dropped the Woolwich moniker when they moved north of the river and had a tube station built outside their new ground in north London

They were never called woolwich, they were formed as dial square or something and then became royal arsenal

Royal Arsenal I think ? They came from the royal arsenal in Woolwich

Woolwich is possibly a poor attempt at a windup from that god helpus

From official Arsenal website -seems they were called Woolwich Arsenal which I suspected

There was a film about the original Woolwich Arsenal starting Denis Waterman in the late 70/early80s. Think it involved then going to the continent to play a match.

Edit. It was West Auckland FC. Senior moment.