Presidential Election Thread. Aka, Should the deer in the Phoenix Park be getting worried?

Gallagher has conceded

In the last hour I’ve called Michael D. Higgins to congratulate him on his performance and his success in this election. He will have my full support as President and I sincerely thank him for a positive campaign. His slogan stated that he would be a President to be proud of and I believe he will be that President.

It’s actually hilarious how badly Gay Mitchell has polled.

The real lesson of this campaign is that the Shinners are a coming force.

Not long before we see Ferris as minister for Justice

Great to see an anti-bloodsports / coursing / horse racing man win the election. :clap:

After seeing a picture of the Labour guy running in the by-election, fucking hell. :ph34r:

Has Mary Davis conceded yet?

“The candidate with the most popular support” polled 7.7% FFS[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 597347”]

Ah sure that’s it for him so. I didn’t really care if he won or not but it’s yet another indictment of our political system when the candidate with the most popular support wasn’t even able to get his name on the ballot. A ridiculous state of affairs but then that’s the Irish political system.
[/quote]

He was polling at 40% at the time.

http://images.mudfooted.com/face-Proboscis-Monkey.jpg

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 598476”]

He was polling at 40% at the time.
[/quote]This is the only poll that matters pal.

Did your wife leave you for a gay man?

[quote=“Watch The Break, post: 598479”]

Did your wife leave you for a gay man?
[/quote] no why?

Was he ever really at 40%? Who’s poll was this?

[quote=“manaboutdog, post: 598481”]

Was he ever really at 40%? Who’s poll was this?
[/quote]The RedC Wishful Thinking Poll

Ah sure they’ll all say they’ll vote for the gay lad when they think they can’t

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant!

Not funny. Quite obvious the man has survived a very serious accident[quote=“Mr. Totti, post: 598484”]

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant!
[/quote]

A peniplasty?

Some insensitive cunts here.

Your man is the first government candidate in 30 years to win a by-election!

The man suffered serious burns in a housefire when he was a young child and the lads think it’s hilarious.