Pro Evolution 2010

Anyone played this yet?

Got me a copy overnight and just gave it a 5 minute spin earlier. Playing it on the PC and it’s a different ball game to FIFA 10 on the PC because FIFA 10 is completely different on XBOX vs PC.

Anyway much as PES has been criticised recently and much as FIFA is getting praise I don’t see it straight off. Was beginning to get bored with FIFA on the XBOX already, just didn’t feel right and this seems more familiar and enjoyable. Not necessarily good that it feels familiar, they may just have done nothing to it, but I much prefer the game for some reason.

Anyway it seems to be widely available on PC if anyone’s looking.

played a demo seems far superior to 2009

Patching it now so won’t get to play it properly until tomorrow at some stage probably. Looks decent so far.

I will get this on Friday but I wasnt that impressed with the Demo.

Jayz, this is hard this year.
Used to piss through the top level in previous titles but this year I’m mostly drawing, getting the odd win. Seems a bit unfair at times playing the computer though. I was playing as Barcelona and Gary Neville was out-sprinting Messi. Referee still gives stupid frees but lets the comp away with everything.
Still it’s more playable than FIFA-which I still find is a boring game.

sadly, i think fifa is superior this year, its harder to get by players.

in pro evo you can just run down rthe wing and cross and its a goal, far more patient build up in Fifa

Yeah for all the talk about FIFA I’m only playing Pro Evo again.

It is difficult, but I’m getting more satisfaction from being a lesser team than a good team cos that way your shit results don’t seem as shit.

Played a CL with Shakhtar last night, lost first game at home to Liege, then won away in Old Trafford with a 4-5-1 (which I never use) and got a point in Seville. Think it’s a proper challenge playing with these teams now, used to find it too easy to keep clean sheets in the last couple of versions, definitely harder to keep the ball now and that’s an improvement.

[quote=“Rocko”]Yeah for all the talk about FIFA I’m only playing Pro Evo again.

It is difficult, but I’m getting more satisfaction from being a lesser team than a good team cos that way your shit results don’t seem as shit.

Played a CL with Shakhtar last night, lost first game at home to Liege, then won away in Old Trafford with a 4-5-1 (which I never use) and got a point in Seville. Think it’s a proper challenge playing with these teams now, used to find it too easy to keep clean sheets in the last couple of versions, definitely harder to keep the ball now and that’s an improvement.[/quote]

Bet you told them to hang back for 70 mins plus and then go like fuck for the remainder. Your quite the tactical genius after all…:smiley:

[quote=“count of monte cristo”]sadly, i think fifa is superior this year, its harder to get by players.

in pro evo you can just run down rthe wing and cross and its a goal, far more patient build up in Fifa[/quote]

Jayz, complete opposite I think. Definitely can’t go by players easy this year in Pro Evo (Top level now). Fifa I found way too easy and boring-I’d have a couple of games of FIFA and I’d be done whereas Pro Evo, you always want one more game.
FIFA caught up big time in the last couple of years but I feel is the more childish game of the two still.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Jayz, complete opposite I think. Definitely can’t go by players easy this year in Pro Evo (Top level now). Fifa I found way too easy and boring-I’d have a couple of games of FIFA and I’d be done whereas Pro Evo, you always want one more game.
FIFA caught up big time in the last couple of years but I feel is the more childish game of the two still.[/quote]

That’s my impression too.

I’d like the odd game of FIFA and the slick presentation and everything is class but didn’t have the patience for a season or anything close to it.

Get far more satisfaction from winning a game in Pro Evo.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Jayz, complete opposite I think. Definitely can’t go by players easy this year in Pro Evo (Top level now). Fifa I found way too easy and boring-I’d have a couple of games of FIFA and I’d be done whereas Pro Evo, you always want one more game.
FIFA caught up big time in the last couple of years but I feel is the more childish game of the two still.[/quote]

Big shot eh?

id concur that fifa is more childish, with all the tricks and crap and also that pro evo does leave you wanting more, its far quicker paced. My main problem at the moment is my modern warfare 2 addiction

[quote=“count of monte cristo”]Big shot eh?

id concur that fifa is more childish, with all the tricks and crap and also that pro evo does leave you wanting more, its far quicker paced. My main problem at the moment is my modern warfare 2 addiction[/quote]

:smiley:

anyone got a chipped xbox- i have a few games that dont work on mine

Do you have anytime at all for your family. Sad to see.:rolleyes:

cause im giving games away im a bad father:D

The fact that you play them at all, along with your Gaelic football career, your time on here etc etc.

Maybe your just amazing with time management.:smiley:

:thumbsup:[quote=“caoimhaoin”]The fact that you play them at all, along with your Gaelic football career, your time on here etc etc.

Maybe your just amazing with time management.:D[/quote]

its quite easy- baby awake - im not on here- baby asleep I am:thumbsup:

its quite easy- baby awake - im not on here- baby asleep I am:thumbsup:[/quote]

Good solid parenting, and beautiful time management.

When (if) i have kids there will be alot of difficult decisions to be made. Think i may hold for another 10 or 12 years.:pint:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Good solid parenting, and beautiful time management.

When (if) i have kids there will be alot of difficult decisions to be made. Think i may hold for another 10 or 12 years.:pint:[/quote]

With all the riding you’re apparently doing you’d want to be careful Kev :thumbsup:

Who’s been telling you that?:smiley:

I’m in a kinda Hank Moody situation at the moment.:wink: