Protestants

Could be some truth in it Puke, I know in a Christy Moore song he sings:

“Now there’s cricket in Cloughjordan,
And Crouqette on the lawns”

Sounds very protestant to me.

Its a majority Protestant place anyway, lots of retired British army top brass such as Captain Donald Swan [Father of Charlie].

Fair play though, the local GAA team have an All-Ireland club. Not bad for a Protestant place.

Midleton College would be the closest to us. John the Baptist primary school would be where most COI kids would go to, also in Midleton.

Love the tags btw lads. :thumbsup:

The big question here is did ye take the soup or give it out?

[quote=“Special Olympiakos”]Its a majority Protestant place anyway, lots of retired British army top brass such as Captain Donald Swan [Father of Charlie].

Fair play though, the local GAA team have an All-Ireland club. Not bad for a Protestant place.[/quote]

Adare is a garrison town that have excelled in the GAA aswell.

[quote=“Special Olympiakos”]Its a majority Protestant place anyway, lots of retired British army top brass such as Captain Donald Swan [Father of Charlie].

Fair play though, the local GAA team have an All-Ireland club. Not bad for a Protestant place.[/quote]

dont think Prods are the majority in Cloughjordan, but still, there is a serious amount of them around the place, tis known as little belfast sure

Tipptops*, how is the eco village going out in clock?

How many people read the opening line as “Cunts will wipe out Protestant schools, warns archbishop” rather than “Cuts will wipe out Protestant schools, warns archbishop”

From listening to the sports reports we seem to be flying it in an Olympic qualification hockey tournament. Need at least a draw against Malaysia in our last game to book a spot in the final, the winners of which qualify for the Olympics.

[quote=“The Puke, post: 392493”]
how is the eco village going out in clock?
[/quote]a complete failure

Go on the lads.

I always thought twas Quakers who were in Clough. Must be somewhere else.

Some amount of Palatines back in West Limerick.

A great bunch of lads in fairness. Protestant women shite all over the Irish Catholic variety as well, if only for the hockey uniform.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER, post: 392498”]I always thought twas Quakers who were in Clough. Must be somewhere else.

Some amount of Palatines back in West Limerick.[/quote]

Most of them were imported by the mush who owned Castle Matrix in Rathkeale at the time. I believe there is a Palatine museum in the town.

There are a few stips of land in Bruff where they neatly grew their sauerkruat and stuff. They seemed far too busy by half. Why they didn’t just lay about drinking cider in the shade of a haystack like the rest of us I don’t know. A few of them still spoke German up to about 100 years ago I believe which is quite amazing really.

I did a bit of looking there and it listed the surnames of the palatine families, hadn’t realised a few local families were off that origin.

You thought the Bovenizers were Gaels? Long is another one. Same name as the mayor of Limerick who talked about his battle of 1000 years in Limerick. You’re here a mere few hundred you tard.

Eh?