Protestants

The Longs are Palatine auslanders.

1.[/url] Bovenizer [url=“http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bovenizer#”][b]11[/b] thumbs up
A bovenizer is a unit of measurement used by the majority of irish people worldwide, although when asked about it by a non-Irish person (a stadín), they will most often deny its existence.

The word bovenizer stems from a figure in Irish Myths and legend: Fálor Bovenizer. Fálor was a giant of a man who travelled with the great Irish hero : An mac tira. On one of their travels they came upon a large tear in the earths suface.
Bovenizer stretcheed across the span and allowed An mac tira’s company to cross by walking along his back. The width of the span became a mesurement used by the people of Ireland.
Jim: “reckon you could make that jump?”
Dyl: “I dunno, it looks about one and a half bovenizers, thats kinda big”

Tour guide: Grafton street is over two hundred imperial bovenizers long

:strokechin: So was this lad a kraut or what?

Interesting, there’s a Bovenizer lad from Rathkeale who’s a top banana in Palatine circles in the region. If it emerges he’s now a gael he should be impeached immediately.

I think that piece from Urban Dictionary may perhaps be a cod. Where’s someone old and wise like Boxty when you need him.

They listed Switzer, Bowen, Sparling, Delmege, Ruttle/Ruckel, Shier/Shire, Lodowick, Legear, Sparling, Miller.

I got a laugh off this bit:

The Palatines retained many of their Germanic customs and protestant religion over four generations and seldom married outside the Palatine community. The Teskeys intermarried primarily with just a handful of other Palatine families (Switzer, Bowen, Sparling, Delmege, Ruttle/Ruckel, Shier/Shire, Lodowick, Legear, Sparling, Miller and a few others), and men who had migrated to other secondary settlements often returned to the core Palatine settlements of the Southwell Estate (Rathkeale) to marry.

What is it with Rathkeale and this type of carry on?

Also a list of Palatine surnames here:

http://www.irishpalatines.org/about/name.html

Ah ha, I know your game now Myers you Kraut fuck :guns:

There are Lowes in the area but I believe they are Quakers .

Won’t hurl on a Sunday?

[quote=“The Runt, post: 392513”]

Won’t hurl on a Sunday?[/quote]

Or a Wednesday.

I’ve great time for the Quakers.

The cereal?

Fairly predictable stuff there.

We scarcely needed a “research project” to find out that young Prods say “Mum” instead of Mam, watched Blue Peter rather than Pajo’s Junkbox, tend to join Young Fine Gael when they go to college and support Everton, not Liverpool.

2 Likes

Any of you have jones in your family as I have?
Most likely cromwell’s soldiers who stayed in ireland.

Prods out.

TASE is a Jaffa Hun cunt

1 Like

The prods in America, most notably ‘The South’ are an awful odd shower. Brainwashing like there’s no tomorrow. Jeff Boycott would feel right at home.

You’ve changed man!

Some of my best friends in school were Protestant. I always found it strange they went to school in an Catholic convent, I was usually banished to the library with them during religious studies. There is a largish Protestant community in Bunclody (they have a fine church and primary school). They could be every bit as intolerant and horrible as their catholic counterparts. My parents had two very good friends who were Protestant and used to go out dancing with them in the 60’s ( along with the parish curate, Catholic, who went in plain clothes). When they were married, the grooms mother refused to go to the service if Catholics were present. A compromise eventually reached and Mam and Dad stepped into a church directly opposite the house my mother grew up in but none of her family had ever set foot in.
When they told me this it was just another reason for the conclusion I eventually came to that religion is really, really fucking stupid.

2 Likes