Pubs opening

Was it always 11.30 on a Monday?

I remember being kicked out of Toners at 11.30pm on a Monday last year.

Is it not 11:30 Monday to Thursday ? Well it’s meant to be a 11:30 anyway.

10pm on the mainland theoretically. Until they change their mind.

No such thing as closing time out the sticks, sur you would have a few lads only coming out at that time and they would still have 6 or 7 pints. 1130 closing is a great job. Honestly can’t see it been a problem

1 Like

I presume most pubs that were doing food from local chippers are now all wet pubs? Is there any incentive for them to keep serving food?

I think they should - fuck it- they may not get many orders but why not help local food places out… everyone wins. We need to keep people spending and protect as many jobs as possible.

1 Like

11.30 closing is grand for auld fellas like us. But the young bucks just end up going to house parties, which is a bit counter productive

1 Like

They won’t be in the pubs anyway

It’ll cause a lot of hassle. I remember somebody saying you rarely get any hassle outside coppers because lads are so drunk they are only fit for bed. Most lads are only getting going at 11:30.

The beauty of coppers is it never closes so lads fall out at their own pace. It’s when everyone is thrown out on the street at half two that the craic starts.
But then again Coppers & a few more on that street seem to have a magic licences unavailable to anyone else

3 Likes

For the last few years as far as I can see nobody closes before 4 am in Dublin City. In fact I’ve often left the likes of coppers at 3 or 4 and would stop in to Ryan’s and they’d still be going For another hour or two.

Ryan’s will stay serving you till 5 or 6 in the morning no bother once they know you.

Christ.

He’s dead right.

The place is on the floor. It’s awfully sad.

I’d say it’s the same for any place that wants to stay open in Dublin they can. I doubt there’s much money in it. Fellas have their best drinking done by then.

Tell that to Robbie Fox.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing. It’s just his “poetry”

Ah cmon :grin:

Go fuck yourself Roy you UUUCOAM

4 Likes