Pubs opening

Their own beers are very good, but it seems to be a very very difficult market to turn a coin in. Only option is to keep is a small / midmarket scale or else hope to get “bought out” by one of the big breweries who will eventually kill the brand.

1 Like

And by their nature are always moving on to the newest spots

1 Like

They also made an absolutely terrible attempt at opening a bar in Limerick so I’d say they are not half as clever as they would appear

1 Like

That was a really half arsed effort. The Crew crowd seem have managed build a pretty loyal base just across the road.

Crew definitely have a strong regular core but are severely limited by how small their premises is. I imagine their profits are limited too, afaik they only sell in their own place.

It is nice beer though.

Didn’t realise they only sold in their own place. They’ve a really small market so. Fair play to them and their loyal band of dog sniffing followers

They sell cans in some off licences too.

No one goes out and mills 10 pints of craft. These beardy weirdos are sinking 4-5 max

2 Likes

You’d do well to get that out of them, they’d live in your ear.

1 Like

A craft brewery bar owner that got out of the business told me once it’s nearly impossible to run a profitable pub in Ireland unless you sell Guinness

I used to like the Galway Bay pubs in Dublin but you’d only really go for a couple on the way somewhere else.

The Brew Dock was a good spot for a burger and a couple of pints on way to Croke Park

2 Likes

Is Against the Grain on Camden Street from the same stable?

It is. It’s a grand spot too I think.

Always struck me as a pub that did well. Mind you I haven’t been in it since Covid.

There’s a craft beer bar up here, but they weren’t stupid enough to just keep it to craft. It would have sunk if they did. You can Guinness and the mighty Harp on tap, and they recently added Beamish which I was delighted to sup last night. It does a great trade and is run by three young enough lads. Decent grub too. Mainly pizzas and chips but they’re doing a Mexican special too this month.

2 Likes

I’d one of their own lagers and a chicken burger in the one near Nearys a few weeks back. One of our group had a Guinness actually. It wouldn’t be a place I would have been staying in beyond grubbing

Cracking day for the pub with the golf and tennis on with racing from fairyhouse running into the Munster game.

Alcaraz v sinner is 13:30 just in case anybody is going drinking for it.

Mcilroy teeing off at 5 to 3.

35.6% of pubs in Limerick closed

1 Like

I’d say Friday night drinking is completely finished which has done for a fair few pubs especially in rural places.

Friday evening pints are the latest trend in rooral Ireland. Straight in after work and home by 9

3 Likes