Pubs To Frequent

Seans bar in athlone

Fogartys Crusheen(back in the old days…changed hands now and not as good) In the 90s when Mike was behind the bar it was the spot!

Bowes, Dublin - best pint of Guinness i’ve ever had

Vaughans, Terenure - great feed, skillet of fish is outstanding. Good bar for banter aswell and has its very own hurling club now

:clap:

Downes, Waterford City

O’ Sullivans, Rerrin, Bear Island

yeah cause hurling folk are such great craic :rolleyes:

A fine boozer. Welcome to the forum mate.

Tully’s, Kinvara
Roadside Tavern, Lisdoon
The Hideout, Croker
Half Barrell + Philly Ryan’ Nenagh

Is the Hideout the one that’s like the pub in Trainspotting?

Yep, a glorious kip…

Ah The Hideout is a good shout. I assume you’d get the shit kicked out of you if you went on a non matchday though?

The curragower, Limerick

The Bodhran, Cork

Freenhys, Galway

:clap:

A great pub Mick. Under new management who are appear to be fierce good business people who will bring on Kinvara in leaps and bounds.

Joe Mac’s in Louisburg is worth a visit.

How is Kinvara, my ancestral home, coming along during the recession, KP?

Neary’s off Grafton St
The Roost Maynooth

Do you like perving on students?

Reillys, Baggot St.

McGrattans, Baggot St.

Birchalls, Ranelagh

French’s, Gorey

Antique Tavern, Enniscorthy

Stamps, Enniscorthy

Yes.

Very different clientele there on the weekend though.

Kinvara is tipping along SS**. THe Ó’hEidhin’s came through tougher times than we’ll ever see!

We have gone from having 11 pubs to only having 8 now… Winkles, The Ould Plaid Shawl and Flatleys (opens on a rare occassion) are no longer with us.

This is the remaining list of pubs… Tullys, M’Asal Beag Dubh, Conoles, Keoghs, Sextons, Connollys, Greenes, Pierhead.

We have two ghost estates, with about 8 empties in one and 4 in the other. A few big lads got burned badly. Alot of people paying big mortgages around Kinvara as sites went as dear as 200K in the boom. Commute times form Kinvara are upto an hour to Galway city centre at peak times so Kinvara aint the dream that some people thought it was going to be.

However all that said… there is no finer village in the country! Just this summers evening as I passed Mick the Thatchers house, the castle approachs you slowly and the sea spreads out to the right with town glimmering in the background and the Burren looking on… you felt all the good things on life well up inside you. http://g.co/maps/5jq9n

Flynn’s Carrick on Shannon

The Summit Howth
The Fighting Cocks Carlow
Chawkes Bar Clonmel
Melodys Ballymacarberry
The Sheds Clontarf
Marble City Tavern Kilkenny

Palace Bar, Fleet st.
Whiskey Still, Dromineer
Scotts, Kilkee
Loughlin’s, Ballyvaughan

I always thought the roads in Galway were insane, I still make mistakes on the myriad of roundabouts on the way in, I’m not surprised it’s an hour into town from Kinvara to be honest.

I trust the latest tenants have maintained the roof of Dunguaire Castle in the condition it was in when we left it.