Question

Just flicked on the end of the Sunday Game and they are showing highlights of Tipp V Kilkenny in the camogie…

Why do the goalkeepers wear the same jerseys as the ouitfield players?

[quote=“The Puke”]Just flicked on the end of the Sunday Game and they are showing highlights of Tipp V Kilkenny in the camogie…

Why do the goalkeepers wear the same jerseys as the ouitfield players?[/QUOTE]

Who cares?

Nobody I presume, was just wondering the reasoning behind it…

[quote=“The Puke”]Just flicked on the end of the Sunday Game and they are showing highlights of Tipp V Kilkenny in the camogie…

Why do the goalkeepers wear the same jerseys as the ouitfield players?[/QUOTE]

The fact they wear ridiculous skirts is just crazy. How could you take them seriously. At least in girls football they wear proper shorts.

They are called skorts. They are a short with a wrap around skirt bit.

But nobody takes them seriously either. And rightly so.

tis a fairly ridiculous alright, don’t think they are allowed hooping on their hurleys either, what is the logic behind all this shite?

Why are all camogie and women’s football goalkeepers so utterly shite?

They should bring out a DVD - “101 best women’s GAA goalkeeping mistakes”. I’d watch it anyway.

The hoop might mark them I believe is the reason for them taping up hoops or not using them at all. The amount of times a goalkeeper will drop a ‘65’ into the net in camogie is shocking.

No it just has to be taped up. The hoops often cause cuts as they arent fitted properly. Its a good rule actually.

Those skirt yokes and the Chicks with Sticks campaign - :D. Definite new marketing team needed anyway.

Think Girls football is one of the fastest growing sports in Western Europe. I’m not overly gone on women sports generally hate the way the tennis players bulk up. Sharapova was an absolute stunner but she seems very strong of late.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Why are all camogie and women’s football goalkeepers so utterly shite?

They should bring out a DVD - “101 best women’s GAA goalkeeping mistakes”. I’d watch it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Great question. Remember watching the Sunday Game when we were younger and at the end they might show five minutes highlights. We would all sit there laughing our asses off at the goals being let in. Mam would go mad calling us chauvinstic pigs. Making it even funnier. Wasnt there someone called Jovita in goal for some team. Hilarious. Remember some young one making the most cringe worthy All Ireland captain speech in history. Car crash TV altogether. Think she was from Tipp.

Standard has improved a hell of a lot in recent years. When we were minor we played the Clare Ladies in a challenge game. They were in the All Ireland I think at the time and it was our first get together. We won by at least 25 points. Funny game. Touched some load of tits that day. Unintentionally of course.

[quote=“KIB man”]Great question. Remember watching the Sunday Game when we were younger and at the end they might show five minutes highlights. We would all sit there laughing our asses off at the goals being let in. Mam would go mad calling us chauvinstic pigs. Making it even funnier. Wasnt there someone called Jovita in goal for some team. Hilarious. Remember some young one making the most cringe worthy All Ireland captain speech in history. Car crash TV altogether. Think she was from Tipp.

Standard has improved a hell of a lot in recent years. When we were minor we played the Clare Ladies in a challenge game. They were in the All Ireland I think at the time and it was our first get together. We won by at least 25 points. Funny game. Touched some load of tits that day. Unintentionally of course.[/QUOTE]

They’re just shite at grabbing balls, the heifers.

Of course when a camogie goalkeeper drops an absolute clanger by letting in a 65 the commentator doesn’t even say it’s a mistake. It’s a “great shot”. Way to insult people’s intelligence. FFS they didn’t even play the full length of the pitch until ten years ago.

In 2005 TG4 included a penalty in the women’s football final in their Goal of the Season competition. As far as I remember it finished in second place - behind Eoin Mulligan v Dublin and ahead of Canavan’s goal against Kerry. They justified its selection on the basis that “it was a well struck shot”. I kid you not.

Jovita Delaney was yer wan’s name. She was fairly useful actually.

[quote=“The Runt”]They are called skorts. They are a short with a wrap around skirt bit.[/QUOTE]I never heard them called skorts ,used to call them culottes back in the day …

Skorts is the used phrase alright.

Didnt they once include a goal from that Mayo heifer in the top 10 goals? Shocking.

That Jovita wan has mastitis, I’m sure of it.

your allowed have a hoop or a band on a hurl in camogie as long as its taped over…
as for the keepers jersey been same as the rest of the players i think it is so the keeper can easily be rotated between a few different players if one if playing a howler and the keeper can just head straight out field without having to swap jersies with said player…
skorts are the right name for the skirts alrite… pain in the hole they are

also no ‘65 s’ in camogie there ‘45s’

[quote=“cailinlochgarman”]your allowed have a hoop or a band on a hurl in camogie as long as its taped over…
as for the keepers jersey been same as the rest of the players i think it is so the keeper can easily be rotated between a few different players if one if playing a howler and the keeper can just head straight out field without having to swap jersies with said player…
skorts are the right name for the skirts alrite… pain in the hole they are

also no ‘65 s’ in camogie there ‘45s’[/QUOTE]

Bad-um-tish!

My brother is a primary school teacher in a mixed school and being the only male teacher he has been in charge of teams for the school for a while.

Any time the girls team has a match he finds his two best players, puts one midfield and the other in goal. He reckons if you can minimise the goals that they let in so poorly you go a long way to winning.

People who organise camogie and ladies football would have to admit that beyond it being part of a healthy attitude towards the equality of women in society, the sports themselves have no business whatsoever being on the telly. I’m all for equality of opportunity but we can’t bend the laws of nature. We have no interest in watching women play our sports. Thats just the way it is.

I dunno, I’ll watch a bit of tennis quite happily, depending on whos on show…

Call me old fashioned, but competitive contact sport is not the place for the female of the species. Your mate tells you he’s going out with a bird who’s a rugby player - immediate reaction?