Radiohead

Went to see them yesterday in Malahide castle. Anyone else go if so what you think? First time going to a gig in Malahide. Its a lovely venue but I thought the atmosphere was poor. They played 25 songs in all with following setlist.

01 15 Step
02 Bodysnatchers
03 Airbag
04 Bangers & Mash
05 Nude
06 Pyramid Song
07 Arpeggi (Thom to crowd: Dont do your flies up in public man, have some deceny!)
08 The Gloaming
09 The National Anthem
10 Faust Arp
11 Videotape
12 Optimistic
13 Where I End And You Begin
14 Reckoner
15 Everything In Its Right Place
16 All I Need
17 There There

Encore 1:
18 Exit Music
19 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
20 Climbing Up The Walls
21 Planet Telex
22 How To Disappear Completely

Encore 2:
23 Super Collider
24 You And Whose Army?
25 Idioteque

Dear oh dear - I’d be a bit disappointed if I was at that actually…

‘No Paranoid Android’, ‘Lucky’, ‘Sit Down Stand Up’, ‘House of Cards’?

Larry - did you hear that Radiohead ripped off ‘Weather with You’ from Crowded House for ‘Climbing Up The Walls’?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Dear oh dear - I’d be a bit disappointed if I was at that actually…

‘No Paranoid Android’, ‘Lucky’, ‘Sit Down Stand Up’, ‘House of Cards’?

Larry - did you hear that Radiohead ripped off ‘Weather with You’ from Crowded House for ‘Climbing Up The Walls’?[/quote]

Hardly a surprise that ‘Sit Down Stand Up’ wasn’t included as it wouldn’t be a regular on the setlist. Lucky and House of Cards were both played on the previous night though bit surprising that House of Cards wasn’t played again. You going to any gigs soon farmer?

Just heard today that Will Oldham is coming to Vicar Street within the next month so may well head to that…

Was Sit Down Stand Up not a single? Thought it was therefore thought there could be a chance of it being played…

To be honest if I went to Radiohead gig and didn’t hear Paranoid Android I would be seriously disappointed…

What was Idioteque like? Say it would have been a smashing finale…

Thought they would have played Creep?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Just heard today that Will Oldham is coming to Vicar Street within the next month so may well head to that…

Was Sit Down Stand Up not a single? Thought it was therefore thought there could be a chance of it being played…

To be honest if I went to Radiohead gig and didn’t hear Paranoid Android I would be seriously disappointed…

What was Idioteque like? Say it would have been a smashing finale…[/quote]

No it wasn’t a single. I’d say Idioteque was class but I have a bit of a hazy memory to be honest. Interestingly they didn’t play any singles off The Bends, Ok Computer.

They don’t normally play it.

Fair enough. Wouldnt be a big fan so have never seen them live. Thought it would be one they would always play though.

it was a song they actually refused to play live for years. thom Yorke was sick of seeing people walk out when they played it so gave up playing it. On the tour in 2004 they started playing it again tho, and played it at their last gig that year at the Point.

I was there on the Friday night. Good venue, nice size crowd. Great set I must say but I was back a bit, didn’t get into the thick of it or anything. Rap all queues for the pints of Ken and very little queues for the jacks. All in all a good gig. Had pints in Duffy’s in Malahide and went back to the local rugby club where I got fairly hammered (hic)

Venue 8/10
Band 8/10
Beer 8/10
Jacks 8/10

I had an 8/10 night overall.

What kind of facilities were on offer, the standard fare of portoloos or was there longdrop value?

Standard portoloos but they were clean. didn’t need to drop the kids off at the pool so I was happy.

At least two days before a concert I stay away from ethnic foods. I want to get in and out of the bogs as quick as possible.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0923/keatingr.html

Track of the new album “The King of Limbs”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8
eature=youtu.be

Does anyone know if this album is following the same procedure as In Rainbows whereby you can pay what you want to for it (i.e. nothning) originally within a certain timeframe?

It’s an online release but there are set prices this time Farmer. MP3 version and WAV version (more expensive).

Didn’t think they’d get stung like that again.

Should be an interesting album anyway. Being the old traditionalist that I am, I think I’ll wait for the CD.

Top tune this - the best off In Rainbows imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-RllNyZt90

Radiohead…

They are in a a different class altogether.

Not mainstream enough these days to capture the greater masses but they hit a certain pulse.

Was there a better feeling than being a 20 year old of a thursday evening, with 6 cans of tenants waiting in the fridge, a free pass to Warwick , The Bends roaring out on the stereo and your whole life opening up in front of you?

2 Likes