Random Images Thread

I remember playing ball up in Curlys with him around 13 / 14 … I stayed with my cousins for a few months back then and went to school with one of the Purcells that lived up behind Curlys … there was always a game of ball on at night … he used to walk around the lot of us.

he was from the top of my road but always hung around down in Weston. He got involved with that gang down there, the lads that were into horses and drugs.

I knew even then not to go down there because of the Dundons.

How many good footballers could have made something of themselves from your neck of the woods? there’s been a rake over the years… I cant remember half the names. One of the Corbetts had trials didnt they? There was another fucker with Tranmere for a couple of years back in the late 90s, Dom something or other …

Dom Kelly, Frankie Stewart, Sean Flangan (Colbert). Shaky. Willie Hayes. Beaver Higgins.Michael Byrnes

1 Like

Dom Kelly!

I always through Weston /Hyde area had some of the best players in Limerick over the years … I always thought Caherdavin had great schoolboys players also …

some pretty useless shit right there for you.

Great interaction here between @anon78624367 and @anon61878697 best I’ve read on here since the pine Marten bit big micks dog

4 Likes

Carew Park/Southil and Prospect/Weston had some of the best underage players. All the estates used to play each other, the games would be fucking ferocious.

Woodlawn and Castletroyview had some cracking players as well.

Garryowen produced some beauts.

Fairview and Pike got the best of them from about u14 up.

You feeling left out hun ? x

Limerick sounds like a bigger edgier version of Strabane

you’d have to have a bit about you to wander into Weston as a stranger.

I played Hyde there about 5 years ago - 3b shit … It was great to see some of the old heads … Did you ever play with Hussey – Think it was Tom … a mad bastard. Robert Colbert was playing with them as well and a few of the lads he hung around with Maca from up Careys road.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: I used to play against him up in the adapt house, he was from just outside prospect in the posh area. Good player but mental… he used to give a running commentary of the game as it was going on. He played with Weston a good bit

All the Cole’s could play.

1 Like

Greatest thread on the internet.

1 Like

I’m laughing here at Tom Hussey, you’d be marking him and they’d get a corner…

“and the big dutch defender goes up for a corner”, he was about 5 foot 2.

3 Likes

No it’s great reading. Genuinely.

@anon61878697 - one of the best i’ve seen was from moyross actually mccarthy or something, small coloured lad, his mother played for the Irish Women’s team. He was something else.

1 Like

Just two lads not living in Limerick any more remembering olden times.

2 Likes

His sister played with Ireland as well I think if it’s the fella I’m thinking of…

Name dropping every knacker in Limerick, I know him I played with him I smoked weed with him. How needy are middle aged men. Not normal.

it’s funny, two of the lads who went over and made a bit of a career of it from Limerick, Niall Mac and Calla, wouldn’t hold a candle to some of the names mentioned here.

Willie John Boland was a different gravy. He was at Coventry and joined in a 20 aside game in Kennedy Park green and we all trying to cleave him :smiley: