Ranking hurling teams 2018

No posts down here

Waterford need to sort out full back (ie put TDB back there), Gleeson to have a very good year and get the most out of Patrick Curran, Tom Devine and Colin Dunford

Big game in Ennis today Joe

ok joe. no worries dude.

1 Galway
2 Tipp
3 Waterford
4 Cork
5 Clare
6 Kilkenny
7 Dublin
8 Wexford
9 Offaly
10 Laois
11Kerry
12 Antrim
13 Westmeath
14 Limerick

Revised:
Waterford, Galway, Tipperary, Wexford, Limerick, Clare, Kilkenny, Dublin, Westmeath, Kerry

Galway
Tipp
Waterford
Cork
Wexford
Dublin
Clare
Kerry
Wick low
Kildare
Laois
Longford
Meath
Westmeath
Offaly
Louth
Mayo
Leitrim
Roscommon
Sligo
Antrim
Fermanagh
Derry
Monaghan
Donegal
Cavan
Tyrone
Armagh
Carlow
Down
Limerick

No Kilkenny in there mike ?

Didn’t make the grade chief. They’re a bit like New York in the football. A good weekend away for the opposing supporters

1 Like

:rollseyes:

It makes a lot more sense to rank the teams after the League really.

Ranking them of last year’s performance, it’s pretty obvious who is where but things could have changed a lot.

All through the League last year, everyone was going on about how great Tipp were and they did look impressive up until the final. But they were blown out of it by a Galway team who had lost to Wexford. Galway were then installed as All-Ireland favourites by many and justifiably so.

But it’s hard to do back-to-back, especially when it’s been so long since you’ve won one. And when the margins between themselves and Tipp so far, maybe Tipp will have the edge this year?

Outside of those, Waterford should be decent again. Cork had a good year but will Meyler be an improvement on Kingston? You’d hope Limerick will improve but there are no guarantees. Clare… again, in the 2nd year of the management team, you’d think they’d improve. But to what extent?

I think Dublin will be better, have a few players back on board. Wexford will be similar. Hard to know with Kilkenny aswell, you’d think Cody will improve them… lost a few players but if they even managed to introduce a couple of players and got Hogan back to his best, they’d be superior to last year.

I don’t think Galway/Tipp/Waterford are so good that any of the next group couldn’t beat them if they had a bit of momentum behind them.

3 Likes

I agree. For Galway a lot will depend on how they have Wintered and if the hunger is still there.
The new format should suit a team like Limerick with a young squad .

We will be ranking teams after the league chief

Good to have the hurling back mike

Can’t wait Joe. Looking forward to the year

1 Like

I put Wexford Ahead of limerick in the rankings @Fitzy @ChocolateMice

1 Like

But you surely don’t mean it?

I actually do mate

Joseph. Limerick are way below Wexford, Cork, Clare and that’s just a sad reality. What has changed since last year?

Not much