Rats - A thread about Cats

If you didnā€™t drown kittens you wouldnā€™t have had a rat problem.

Drowning kittens is fascinating, throwing them on the dung heap and watching them getting nice and crispy as the summer progresses

Besides, it was Dan taggart wot done it.

Came down this morning, Traps untouched with bait still fully intact. Any remainers may have been cowed by the smell of death (and floor cleaner) but Iā€™ll put the traps out another few nights before declaring it a rat free zone.

Did you find the herb?

Yes. It was a great day/night all told. *

1 Like

I donā€™t want to rain on your parade but some animals mourn the passing of their comrades. They could be off their food or observing a customary fast period.
Crows are great lads for mourning.
Anyway, theyā€™ll soon pass through the grief stage, hopefully their thoughts wonā€™t turn to rage and revenge.

3 Likes

I reckon Iā€™ve seen 4 or 5 rats in my life in Dublin and Iā€™ve lived in the city centre before. I guess all the foxes around the place help.

You would see 4 or 5 rats a night walking downtown in a major US city and even into the nicer suburbs. Horrible things, city authorities have taken to dumping dried ice down their little burrows and ceiling them, which supposedly wipes out their colonies quickly. Iā€™ve yet to see much of an improvement to be honest. Must be global warming.

1 Like

Get some bait boxes and stick them outside with poison in them.

2 Likes

An update. There have been no further rat sightings or signs. Peanut butter, which they love has been left overnight and remained untouched. Traps unā€¦set off. It seems like my furry friend was a bit of a loner.

You still need to figure out how he got in

Iā€™ve been thinking that but Iā€™m puzzled. Itā€™s not from behind the fridge. What would country people do? Should I get a ferret or something?

3 Likes

Met the fella who lives behind us yesterday. He said heā€™d rats in the shed and had boxes down but they were empty so far. Our freezer is in the shed and I accidentally left bread on it. Came back this afternoon and the thing was shredded to fuck. They must have eaten 4/5 slices. Traps are back downā€¦

Based on their ability to breed Iā€™d say you could have 30 or 40 of the bastards in the vicinity of the shed now.
Whatever you do keep the children indoors until you can visually account for 30 or so actual kills.

You need a good terrier, a shotgun, a ferret, 20kg of Storm (ratpoision) and a heap of Rosaries.
Youā€™re being invaded buddy, get out in front immediately.

13 Likes

Someone call Tuslaā€¦ this is out and out abuse of his family.

11 Likes

Id be having a good think about moving house

3 Likes

Youā€™d have great sport with an air rifle. Whatever about killing the rats

1 Like

Out and out true. I wonder did the shed need planning before calling the authoritiesā€¦

12 Likes