RAVENOUS (Part 1)

I’ve often said that here

You can eat it with your lips, a thing of beauty

I was in Cork last year and they ordered some grub in from the chipper. It included some of those battered potato pies. Had never had them previously, were very good.

Duck Rillette

Venison with mustard mash, celeriac and parsnip cubes and honey roasted carrots.

9 Likes

Where’s dat?

My house.

3 Likes

Honrale, worthy of the gourmet cooking thread.

1 Like

The sauce was good, red wine, balsamic, cranberry & clementine jelly and butter.

The duck rillette was from the milk market this morning.

1 Like

I’ll see your duck roulette and raise you a high quality soup noodle from Joe in the village. Yep instant soup noodles from some korean brand. Unbelievable. Great spicy soup. Great chewy noodle.

2 Likes

Thai Red Curry

5 Likes

Sausage stuffing getting a pre Christmas runout

7 Likes

Some waffles with 2 day out of date coleslaw and some mics chilli hot sauce after a grand oul day up the gaa club.

3 Likes

Pork shoulder, red cabbage and potato dumplings.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Shoulder or knuckle? Looks the latter

Love a spicy ramen. Had this Thursday night. We all eat like wolves usually, scoffing way too fast.
Korean hotpot where you fire in as you need is the job and turns eating to a slow grazing process

O

2 Likes

I’d like that twice if i could. Was one just beside our gaff in Beijing but they were everywhere. One of our favourite meals and the first thing I’d do if i went back there. Beijing has a savage street called gui-jie, which was nearly all restaurants, with the lanterns up outside and there were a heap of hotpot places there. The sesame paste and crushed garlic dip…Heaven.

They do hot pot in the M&L.

Their green beans with chilli are like crack cocaine. Cooked in pork fat is allegedly the secret. I used to live around the corner from it on Marlborough St. It’ll be my first port of call this Christmas, along with a Chicken Mughlai from Namaste India in Smithfield.

4 Likes

They have bits of minced pork in it too. Unreal…made them at home too. Surprisingly easy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at RAVENOUS (Part 2).