RAVENOUS (Part 1)

If you are pulling it, you could just pull it after you take off the skin, then add the sauce, no need to put it in again afterwards

That says 220 for a 1/2 hour and down to 170 for the rest. Sound about right?

I cooked a shoulder of pork for pulling at weekend at fan130 for 5 hours. Perfect

2 Likes

I missed this in all the excitement,
i would certainly have removed the outer layer of fat there unless you wanted to try make a crackling, how’s it looking?

Smells good, looks scalded :man_facepalming:t2:

I was trying to score that outer layer but it was like leather even after being marinaded overnight

That’s grand sure cause you’ll be taking the skin off

I have a gas bbq. Is there any kit you can buy to give the food the charcoal smoky flavor?
What do lava rocks and how do you lay them out? My 5 mins of googling hasn’t thrown up much.

You could buy a smoke box and smoke some wood in it I suppose.
Or get a real BBQ.

1 Like

I got a smoke box in HomeStore and more the other evening, you’d pick up a bag of wood chips for smoking in any place that stocks Weber bbqs but you’ll really only get the benefit on the slower, longer cooked items.

1 Like

Soak wood chips in water and wrap them in tinfoil with a few holes punched in it. Leave them in a corner away from the direct heat.

1 Like

Ffs mike, you set that handbag on the floor of the cubicle when you sat down for a pee, now it’s on your table with your food.

Up at the brother in law’s and had a plate there with three healthy slices of apple tart, chocolate biscuit cake, pear and almond tart and two scoops of vanilla ice cream. A grand tea cc @Bandage

3 Likes

Oh yes! BBQ’d T-Bones followed by mint aero cheese cake

24 Likes

What’s your desert there ?

If you get tinfoil and make an envelope out of it… Throw in a heap of smoked woodchips that have been soaked in water… Pierce the tin foil… Throw on the direct flame and should fill the BBQ with smoke. Not the same as the real thing though

2 Likes

1 Like

I’d say mint aero cheesecake going by the description he gave

2 Likes

Dessert

Due another 10 mins in oven

11 Likes

A cheese cake made out of mint aero

2 Likes

Nice dinnerware.

1 Like