RAVENOUS (Part 1)

On the bottom right

Chicken balls from O’Connell’s
They’re nice

1 Like

I’m just after an awful feed of sausages

3 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd would happen to remember which Rick Stein book that was?
I’m after picking up a couple of bits of swordfish this morning and I was thinking of going down the salsa route with it.

This is the recipe I use. Obviously use Swordfish for Snapper and I’ve never put prawns in the salsa.

It’s Rick Steins Seafood.

1 Like

15 Likes

Poached eggs. Bit rubbery on outside but were soft inside. Need to work on my poaching technique.

2 Likes

I bought a serious job in Dunnes about 2 months back. Cost about €3 but does 2 perfect poached eggs out of the microwave in 2 minutes. Made of plastic so there is little or no cleaning.

1 Like

Simmering water, not boiling hard, with a dash of cider vinegar. That’s all you need.

2 Likes

I’ve picked up a huge Tomahawk steak in Supervalu earlier. I’m planning on searing it on the bbq and then moving to indirect heat for a while.

I also picked up a leg of lamb which will be butterflied and get a similar treatment tomorrow.

2 Likes

I urge you to consider this - stick it in the oven at 150 until the temperature gets to 55 and then finish it on the BBQ which should be red hot.

Game. Changed.

6 Likes

Sickening

This.

The reverse sear. Cannot be beat.

1 Like

Any vinegar will do, the most important thing is to make a whirlpool of the water to keep the egg together, can be fierce messy otherwise

2 Likes

I often do a reverse sear on bbq.
No point using the oven to do it.

Well how come you never told us about it before so?

Oh hello

19 Likes

The reverse sear you pioneered has paid off in spades.

3 Likes

Sorry to be picky but you’ll overcook it with that method if you’re shooting for medium rare (54.4), and on a BBQ you’ll overshoot more. The internal temperature will continue to rise during the searing and the mandatory 5-10 minute rest. I’d say take it out of the oven at 50 if you want medium rare. If only we had our oven expert @hbv here to advise.

Sous vide is the best way but it takes time and not many have the gadget.

1 Like

Oh be the lord… :heart_eyes: