RAVENOUS (Part 1)

So a fancy ready meal?

11 Likes

Jaysus a bit a seasoning wouldn’t go astray to brighten that plate up a bit

Those rashers are very anaemic looking

And not even match day

You never cease to amaze mate :smiley:

2 Likes

We’ve started to do the restaurant at home thing at the weekends too (cc @TreatyStones & Buy Irish thread).

Did Asador/Prado last night. A bit more work to it than Oliver Dunne / Bon Appetit the weekend before, but probably a cut above.

Prawn Pil Pil followed by Dry-Aged Chateaubriand and then a cheesecake yokey. €75 for two. Maybe it could have been a little cheaper, as it’s a pain in the hole doing a bit of cooking / heating up. They should possibly send around a chap to do that.

6 Likes

That looks tasty but v dear. Nice to support local resteraunts but you’d def rustle up that grub yourself from scratch for 30 quid. How ready was it? Was the meat raw?

Asador is a brilliant spot in fairness but don’t they cook the meat on a smokey grill there… How did you recreate that at home?

@Bandage?

Here’s the card. So the surf n turf box was €59 and then we added the cheesecake desserts at €8 each. We agreed that you could rustle it up for €30-€40 but the steak was really good. As I said, maybe a bit too much work involved though. Sear on the pan and then leave in the oven for a while. That followed a little bit of work with the prawns. The Asador signature Pil Pil sauce is really good too - thought the cunts could have thrown in an auld bit of bread perhaps. I don’t care what anyone says, you need to be able to roll the bread in the sauce after you’ve eaten the prawns. There are a few different meal options but you can mix and match yourself either. The Oliver Dunne equivalent was €65 or thereabouts. Asador was a bit more work but a little bit nicer.

1 Like

@gilgamboa has him dancing this morning. He’s on one thread notching a quick nice post for telling him to see the big picture and put down the phone and he’s on here demanding answers.

2 Likes

Agreed

You surely buttered a few slices of slice pan

Was Date Night worth it?

A lovely salad lunch here. Smoked mackerel from Lidl with a salad. Rocket, tomato, baked curried chickpea, fennel, apple, pecan nuts and feta. And a roast beetroot and garlic yogurt side.

5 Likes

I lived with a Tipperary lad and every meal had a side serving of two slices of buttered bread.
You could nearly put the plate straight back in the press it was so clean after him.

5 Likes

Unreal but of lunch here

11 Likes

Duck á l’orange and spuds that I did last night.

The most complicated thing I’ve tried to cook and also the best.

2 Likes

Pal of mine used to make Chicken Chow Mein sandwiches. Half a sliced pan and a hape of mayonnaise. He cut it back when the scales hit 19 stone

They were tasty in fairness.

Lived with a lad from Pallaskenry who was so excited when we bought a toasted sandwich maker that he made toasted sandwiches of everything.

One Monday morning he did a toasted sandwich with Sunday dinner leftovers all fucked in between two slices of bread. As he said ‘sure a roast dinner tastes good any time of the day’… The same fella was out on a Christmas night out one time when I was out somewhere else in town. I get a call around 3am asking was I still in town and would I bring back some taco chips as he got home and was hungry now. When I landed home he was asleep, and I (I was fairly hammered at this stage) left the bag of taco chips on his bedside locker after I couldn’t wake him.

The next morning I hear the hum of the microwave and a ‘ding’. Me man is down there eating the reheated taco chips that have been in his bedroom for the night :rofl:

11 Likes

7 Likes