RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Yeah pity , I could have done a bit better. I bought myself one of those tomahawk steaks in sv and cooked it today. 1.5kgs it was and it was lovely. I’m fit to burst here

Thats all that matters. Id a rib eye, home made chips, carrots and pepper sauce, devine

2 Likes

You carve the bone off before plating, you roaster.

3 Likes

Bollox

Did you do the reverse sear on it Mike?

1 Like

I did

1 Like

You wiggled the stiletto cunningly there you crafty fucker… :rofl:

I had the tomahawk as well but made a warm salad out of it with a spinach, rocket, warm baby spuds, blue cheese, pomegranate, toasted sesame seeds, garlic bread croutons and roast tomato and onion… I’d go so far as to say its my signature dish

4 Likes

I’ve treated myself (and herself) to chateaubriand from Higgins for tonight. Price of a decent takeaway.

I’m thinking oven for 90 minutes at 90 degrees and then a reverse sear for 4 or 5 minutes

Any tips or will I make a bollox of it

I’ll have grilled asparagus, triple fried chips and creamed spinach (M&S) as sides with a bearnaisse sauce (M&S)

4 Likes

Just back from Higgins’s there. Got a lovely pork chop for the tea. I’ll fry it on the pan.

5 Likes

Get the carnivore rub on it too

I’ve run out of that

They had it at the check out.

I had a pork roast from there a few weeks ago. As nice a roast as I’ve ever had. The crackling was unreal.

1 Like

RIP

1 Like

I think I’ll have a Malbec with it.

How thick is the meat? Unless you want it well done seems way too long in the oven and too long searing.

For a 2 inch thick steak, I set the oven at 120C and heat the steak for 20-30 min. Check the temp after 20 min. Rare is 49C, med rare 54C, so you want 10C below that as final oven temp. Sear it in a really hot skillet for no more than 45 sec a side and do the edges as well. Then let it rest for 10 min.

5 Likes

Would you have had to get the skillet up to 500 degrees?

2 Likes

I use a cast iron skillet and get it fairly hot, probably over 600F.

For chateaubriand I’d say an hour at 100/120C.

1 Like