RAVENOUS (Part 1)

I have yes. Had it in France. Anguille they call it. Big cross shaped bone down the middle of it. Little enough meat either side of it but what there was was nice.

2 Likes

I do like fish. Eel was something I never really thought about though. I’m a bit of a dinasour when it comes to food. I always kind of put eel in the frogs legs and escargot group as in something I will never have a desire to try.

Frogs legs are lovely, I’d say nearly everybody would like them

I love snails with garlic butter but they’d be more of a challenge for you, did you never eat periwinkles? That’d put your Limerick heritage in question

Yeah. I’ve no probilem with periwinkle. Like I said, I’m a bit of a dinosaur with food. I’m basically your typical roaster.

Escargot is drowned in so much garlic butter you may as well be eating a button mushroom smothered in garlic for all you would know.

8 Likes

Snails are bland enough.

Unagi is delicious, one of my favorite things to eat in a Japanese restaurant.

We used to catch eels in the local river when I was a kid and my mother would slice them up and cook them in butter in a skillet, also delicious.

Raw eel can kill you, the blood is toxic.

1 Like

Frog legs…snails…ffs

On the ravenous thread??

1 Like

Same here.I remember having to use a type of long curved hook when I was after them.
Notoriously difficult to extract the hook when you’d land them.
I ended up bringing the mothers kindling hatchet with me and used to chop the head off the hoors when I’d catch them.Only way I’d get the hook out.

1 Like

Daycent

1 Like

Conscious decision not to go large drink. Bold strategy

Had it a couple of times, don’t like.it at all. Used to catch them too off the bridge as a kid, evil looking creatures.

Took my brother when he was a kid of about 10 for sushi train. He pulled a plate of eel and loved it. He was.looking.for more of it again and none on the train so said to him “ask the chef for it” trying to encourage him to be confident in such settings etc. He asked the chef for “another plate of seal” and started making seal sounds!

6 Likes

His uncut smoked salmon is unreal. Would get it for Xmas as fucking pricey for a half fish but it’s nice to be able hack off a big chunk of fish at a time.to gobble

What’s the ingredients?

Yock

A vegan burger made with a juicy plant-based patty co-developed with Beyond Meat® with vegan sandwich sauce, ketchup, mustard, onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and a vegan cheese alternative in a sesame seed bun. Vegan certified by the Vegetarian Society

Pea protein.

Pea protein is ok bro. But it’s like diet coke v coke

1 Like

How many calories compared to a normal beef burger?

1 Like

A proper feed here…

5 Likes