Re: New Year's Resolutions

Disorganisation is my fort so I wouldn’t dream of changing that. Are you sure this notebook is a wise course of action CC? You could turn into a right nerd, sitting there ticking things off before moving logically on to the next task.

Every time I go shopping for clothes I come back with about 4 cds and a random jersey. I might have to invest in a personal shopper. Obviously, I’m in tune with all the latest fashion trends but what I hate are all those gimps that work in clothes shops who get in your face when you’re wandering around. If I want your assistance then I’ll ask for it.

Shopping is gay though.

Was slightly worried about the nerdiness of it alright and don’t really want to live my life by a notebook but for the moment I’m gonna roll with it just to see how things pan out. Wrote in it for the first time last night and the words just flowed. Simple things. Like eating a breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis. Making sure I make contact with the boss of the lad who crashed into me to tell him that there may well be an insurance claim in the pipeline (which should’ve been done ages ago) and ringing the garage to get my car fixed. Ended up writing quite a bit.

You did well to find the time to write all that on the first night of Celebrity Big Brother.

Are there people on the forum (I know there’s one) that are giving up alcohol for the month of January. In fairness to the person he is by no means the only one, as many in the non tfk world have expressed a similar wish. I think its a waste of time as at the end of January you will have a diabolical thirst on you and you will go on the beer all February. That said I am trying to cut back on my alcohol consumption as I enter a critical time of the season. I will still have a pint on the weekends but not during the week. I want to put myself in the shop window during this time and don’t want any fat clauses to be entered into my contract - unlike Bandage!

Also speaking of things being gay, a fellow male worker asked me today, as bold as brass, ‘have you ever read Bridget Jones?’. I abused him somewhat before he said that he doesnt give into stereotypes and is entitled to read what he wants. Yes you are but that doesnt stop me from slagging you - you manhole inspector

I’ve never given up alcohol for a distinct period of time, though I’d wager I booze less than many on here. It’s hard to reconcile being an admin on a forum with a rock and roll lifestyle I’d guess. There’s one guy in my work and to be honest I nearly feel like saying to him to lay off the drink for January. He’s seriously wrecked looking after Christmas and he’s just sitting at his desk snarling and pissed off all day.

But he would only go back on it twice as bad in February and be twice as pissed off

Midweek drinking is the real killer. In the run up to Christmas I had about two days in work where I was not hungover - some days where I came into work and did nothing, actually nothing, all day

I don’t care - he’s leaving work soon and his behaviour at the moment is hard to handle. I’m not looking out for him, I’m looking out for me.

Lasagne today, this is easy. That’s 2 dishes in 3 days. If 1 goal in 2 games is decent for a striker then 2 recipes in 3 days is more than acceptable for a novice chef.

Re drink; why do these people who give up drink for January drink at all then?

This ‘I had such a blast at Christmas and drank so much that I can’t possibly drink for the next month’ bollox really sickens me.

Living your life by quotas. Get over yourself, go out and have a laugh. You’re kidding nobody but yourself as you sit in bored at the weekend trying to convince yourself you have it all sussed.

Don’t come into any pub I frequent in February throwing shapes about what match should be shown on telly or I’ll deck you.

Spoken like a true alcho…

Your’e right though

I know I’m right!

These people who need some major event on the calendar, like Christmas, to enjoy themselves are amateurs. Every weekend is there to be enjoyed along with Champions League nights and other random midweek sessions as they arise.

Fair enough if you want to drink less for the month but most of these people make a huge point of giving it up as if they’re some kind of martyrs.

New Year’s Resolutions

Anyone got any?

I think if my marriage is intact this time next year I’ll have been doing well. Other than that - aim to have 500 members on TFK by December 2008 and to have regular articles written.

Also need to get back playing soccer at weekends on grass instead of just playing astro.

And on that note I’m determined to win some silverware for the astro team next summer.

My main one is to finally break free from my college and credit card debt. Had the same resolution last year, close to doing it and hope to do it by 1st May.

On the sporting front I hope to get my place back in the TFK astro squad.

On the professional front I hope to take a career break over the summer (similar to what Bandage did, travelling is too much hassle) and find new employment in the autumn.

I highly recommend this course of action, if you can afford it of course.

My main resolution is to finally learn how to drive and buy a car. I’m fed up of getting the bus up from Wexford and having to sit beside smelly people.

Don’t usually do the resolution thing but I’m going to have a bit of a further think about it.

[quote=“The Bandage”]
My main resolution is to finally learn how to drive and buy a car. I’m fed up of getting the bus up from Wexford and having to sit beside smelly people.[/quote]

Hope you have a bit of patience Bandage, with the new learner permit scheme it might be a while before you can drive up to Dublin on yer own!

I was thinking of quitting giving up smoking!

[quote=“Bandage”]I highly recommend this course of action, if you can afford it of course.

My main resolution is to finally learn how to drive and buy a car. I’m fed up of getting the bus up from Wexford and having to sit beside smelly people.

Don’t usually do the resolution thing but I’m going to have a bit of a further think about it.[/quote]

hope this is as successful as your resolution to join the gym in 2004

Not an easy thing to do with all those application forms etc. I think 3-4 years is a reasonable timeframe to try and achieve that sort of administrative success.

From today onwards I resolve to stop winding up Farmerinthecity on email and on this board.

Earlier missive sent to Rocko, Clarkey and Appendage:

'I’m bored so I’ve had a go at Farmer on the ‘Back to Work’ thread.

I’m waiting to see if he’ll react angrily or cop on that it’s yet another attempted wind up.

My money’s on the former.

Now I must wait.’

As usual, Farmer took the bait and reacted angrily. He’s even set up an apology thread now. The guy’s a loonball.

You are a very fat fook

He’s more on the chubby pop-in-fresh side if you ask me!