Reeling in the years

Great show in fairness. Twould be a good DVD - don’t know why they don’t include all the footage from the telly though. Is there a 70s one out already or why’d they start at 80s?

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/1009/reelingintheyears.html

I looked into a dvd release of this a while ago and the problem they have is the rights to publish the TV footage. It’s ok to broadcast the TV footage put releasing it on DVD is a different story.

Yeah I knew there was some issue with publishing rights.

One of the best shows on the telly. A history of Ireland and the world since 1961, superbly edited, and set to the background of the music at the time.

Well done RTE.

One of the best shows from RTE, would watch it over and over. Not that hard to make in fairness, just trawling through their archives.

Some brilliant footage on there and it deals with tragedies and the like in a gut wrenching sort of way.

agreed , love it.

there was some queies on the Darcy show few months ago about dvd’s and newer episodes.

rte have no plans to make new episodes and as above there is publishing rights issues for dvd’s.

Yeah the music generally stops for tragedies. And it just gives the location and the actual date. Usually somewhere up the North.

They did that for Dunblane as well, then went on to the murder of Veronica Guerin (same year) and Radiohead’s Street Spirit started up.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Yeah I knew there was some issue with publishing rights.

One of the best shows on the telly. A history of Ireland and the world since 1961, superbly edited, and set to the background of the music at the time.

Well done RTE.[/quote]

first one is 1962 - when RTE started broadcasting [well it was 31/12/61]

this DVD is just a compilation - avoid.

Stick with recording them off the telly.

I find myself shouting at the tv when they cover any AI that KK got beat in. Even the footage from back in the 60’s, I find myself cursing Ollie Walsh, that he could have done more…

Plus side is seeing Chunky O’Brien in his pomp, throwing the hurl down to lay on a handpass, setting up a goal. Classic.

[quote=“Locke”]
Plus side is seeing Chunky O’Brien in his pomp, throwing the hurl down to lay on a handpass, setting up a goal. Classic.[/quote]

yerrah he was a poor mans conor clancy…

1996 is on now on RTE 1…superb show, where does the time go

Have watched it the past few weeks and forgot about it this week until I saw this thread, just got the last 10 minutes of it. Where does the time go indeed.

Torrent here for 1969 to 1999, around 7GB, only a couple of seeders so will take forever. Do what you will with it.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4528283/Reeling_in_the_Years

On now, 1985 I believe, that Irish charity single cast was like a who’s who of cunts in RT

And now Geldof. Cunt.

An utterly brilliant programme.

The only good thing ever to come out of Montrose

Talking Head’s Road to Nowhere now.

:thumbsup:

Paul Brady, The Island, superb, utterly superb. Puke is smiling somewhere now, its only right one of his favourite artists rings out tonight.

Well not really, 1986 is on next :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]Torrent here for 1969 to 1999, around 7GB, only a couple of seeders so will take forever. Do what you will with it.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4528283/Reeling_in_the_Years[/quote]

Cheers for this CC, I’ll be throwing it up on the Vuze and let it work away at its own pace. If you see the rest of them up somewhere let me know.