Reeling in the years

One of the absolute GOATS. The music choice and direction was off the top shelf too. Big year in happenings near and far.

1 Like

I very much enjoyed the Corrs music too.

98,99 and 2000 were absolute halcyon days in Ireland, will never get back to those great times.

2 Likes

The utter tragedy and pointlessness of Omagh really struck me while watching tonight.

I shed a tear. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

So did I, which I wasn’t expecting. The guts of a tear anyway.

Was in America for 4 months of 98 (like a few others here I’d imagine) and a young fella and didn’t watch TV so missed a fair bit. A band called the Wild Irish Rovers announced it on stage at the Irish Fest in Milwaukee. Very strange.

*This isn’t your blog etc.

2 Likes

The Corrs and Bewitched are two of the greatest bands we’ve ever produced.

1 Like

‘Blame it on the Weatherman’ if wrote in the US would have bought you a house in the hills.

They were great days but Its alot to do with the age you were at the time. Ask my ould fella about the late 90s and it was hard graft and long hours on sites… Delighted to have the work but didn’t have much time to enjoy much.

4 Likes

Would you go back mate?

If I had a Delorean id be gone already.

Now now, that’s foolish talk. But would you really leave behind this time of utter domination of hurling to go back to the late 90s?

Oh it did yeah. The English lad leading it crashed on the bridge into Youghal I think. Probably the only time Cork has gone against the crown

C’est la vie is a top song

2 Likes

55P per litre on Diesel kid.

Incredible. Just like that. Eaten bread I suppose

1997 was when I peaked. All down hill since then.

You moved to cork in 98?

2 Likes

He rode yer wan in the Tipp jersey in 97

3 Likes

:wink:

2000, Christ I’m here 22 years.