Referendum 2024

Were you a goalkeeper in a past life, a dodgy one maybe?

2 Likes

Is his argument it’s good for a 1 year old etc to go spend all day in a creche away from his mother because they might become too attached to her? :grinning:

2 Likes

What are you on about?

Leinster Senior League was the highest standard I ever played, never been a ‘keeper though.

Boarding school at 5.

I’m sure some on here went to aravon

Seems to be… Despite it being known the world over that the earlier you break the maternal bond the more likely it is that the child will experience some level of stunted emotional development.

Be interesting to see a graph correlating the growth of 2 parent employment and the rise in mental health issues amongst young people.

@the_man_himself 's generation are all riddled with mental health issues.

1 Like

The de-humanisation of society. These tatchellites are evil.

1 Like

It’s about getting rid of a reference to a woman’s life within the home in the constitution.

In a practical sense, how is the Government upholding this article at the moment?
By voting No what would I be protecting?

My wife would have loved to be/have been a stay at home mother, she took everything she was entitled to and long stints of unpaid leave but she’d have loved more. I never realised that the state would have cherished her ‘right’ to quit work

Basically nothing. It’s obviously an embarrassing anachronism in the constitution and should be gotten rid of.

1 Like

I was hoping someone would make that connection eventually…

The Big Dog has weighted in

https://x.com/thenotoriousmma/status/1760025046255345952?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg

Should boost the Yes side a couple of points.

1 Like

Future president Mcgregor has his fingers on the pulse of the nation

It’ll be a tough one for @maroonandwhite when the Irish presidential election rolls around and McGregor is a candidate.

On the one hand McGregor will be pushing the usual imported American anti-woke culture war shite the Galwayman loves.

On the other hand McGregor is an actual Dublin junkie.

Tough circle to square, that.

In time honoured Irish referendum fashion, if you don’t obey the establishment, they will kindly ask you to #goagain

5 Likes

A double boost for Yes/Yes.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1760331218095415464?t=RG8hkenhER-TgbGQBzJnyg&s=19

1 Like

Anyone able to give me a balanced view on the risks of voting Yes / Yes that isn’t backed up by some left wing / ring wing / wing wing Cray Cray lunatic?

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Have we a list of beige/politically neutral posters who aren’t entrenched in a long running point scoring right v left war and can look at the likes of this objectively but also have a modicum of intelligence to understand it? I tick the beige box but not the modicum one.

2 Likes