Referendum 2024

Voters across the board didn’t turn out for this. I don’t think SF were particularly prominent campaigning for a yes vote or otherwise, it shouldn’t affect them really

Promising to rerun referendum is a soundbyte that will be replayed to them time and again in run up to GE25.

2 Likes

They all said that though in some shape or another?

From what I can see (a completely untrained eye) I would say it’ll be a No/No result.

1 Like

SF became popular in the polls by doing nothing and now there are haemorrhaging said popularity by doing nothing on this referendum and supporting the existing coalition’s proposal while reaffirming the sitting government’s open borders immigration policy.

2 Likes

We told you that 10 days ago.

4 Likes

Mary Lou is a ham.

2 Likes

They really are missing an open goal here, absolutely useless.Marylou has to go

1 Like

She’s a cod, Bill.

McDowell’s legal arguments were very compelling versus “general vibes” man

8 Likes

The government made an absolute hames of their own referendum and it’s sinn fein’s fault. Some things will never change.

3 Likes

This is one hell of a beating.

Everyone is sick of FF/FG/SF/Labour/RTE/MSM etc etc group think.

4 Likes

The problem SF have is that they are try8ng to make themselves more attractive to other parties mainly FF and in dojng so have become more like them and forgot why people were turning to them. Also like a lot of the main parties they have a lack of talent outside 3 or 4.

2 Likes

Huge credit to Peadar Toibin too.

He faced down the political establishment on his own - and won. Along with McDowell and the fabulous Maria Steen, he was the star of this campaign.

The rural independents also advocated a No/No but ran a less high profile campaign.

11 Likes

And the far right too

The people have spoken, you dope.

Go and plant a few more trees around the car park in Milltown.

1 Like

This democratic process is a kick in the teeth to democracy

12 Likes

They’ll try and crowbar in the hate speech legislation too against the wishes of the majority, spearheaded by an NGO sector and based on peoples feelings, vagueness and undefined terms.

10 Likes

?

The far right were huge supporters of no no abd had a strong presence on twitter about this

Why woukd pointing this out irk you

Looks like 90 odd percent of the people in Cherry Orchard are far right