Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

A real Nazi or a pretend Nazi?

Some sort of inflation is needed, negative interest rates are mad. Quantitive easing wont keep working longterm especially with this lockdown. Needs to be measured though. Mortgage holders here would be crippled as most of us are already carrying the tracker fuck up.

Good podcast this.

Mark Blyth’s on Second Captains is worth listening to as well. Far from Central Banks having little power to do anything worthwhile, they have a massive amount of power to right the system.

Inflation would be a godsend for mortgage holders. Inflation is how debt gets paid back.

McWilliams says that with the firepower the ECB can unleash, mortgage interest rates could go down and everybody transferred onto that low rate, as banks would be effectively paid to lend. And transferring mortgage holders onto that low rate would be a massive PR victory for whichever bank/s did it.

2 Likes

In an ideal world that would be great. Unfortunately though we’re dealing with banks that are for the most part government owned and still charge 1-2% higher than our EU neighbours. I can’t see them passing on that. Be great if they did of course.

So why didn’t you say that in the first place. Ya loon. Anyway back to quickly scrolling past your posts. I got caught out by the short length of that post truth be told. Carry on.

1 Like

It generally doesn’t take long to catch you out.

For the most part?

Pretty sure yeah, unless things have changed dramatically since this piece in the Irish times from 2018

Was in Supervalu earlier, they were out of cans of Wicklow Wolf and the selection of crisps was extremely disappointing. It is time to call off this farce.

Can we limit this thread to posters that contribute to the economy and are actually interested in returning to work?

Here is some real data analysis courtesy of HectorDrummond.com:

Also from Hector Drummond, here are all the England and Wales deaths (not stratified by age) for 2015-2020, with 2010-2014 in there as a line as well for comparison purposes:

“So there is no sign whatsoever of a killer in that data. It’s a perfectly normal year.”

2 Likes

Eh, it’s only started mate give it a couple of weeks at least

That’s what you said two weeks ago. Two weeks before that you were saying it was no big deal. You’re all over the shop.

One would hope this would be a thread where mature posters can discuss the complexities of this crisis and potential outcomes, without constant sniping from the hysterical.

I’ll review this and comment later, I also saw an interesting report from the Italian government today that suggests one of the reasons for their high numbers of deaths in a short time period is because this was a mild flu season. Don’t know how accurate that is.

The ignore function has been introduced since you were here last I’d say. Use it and thank me after

1 Like

Which is more mature - those who are “hysterical” at a planned involuntary euthanising of hundreds of thousands in the name of “the economy”, or those who are entirely comfortable with normalising such an act?

Those people who warned against the evils of the Nazis, gosh, they were so “hysterical”, weren’t they.

Far better to be the calm, reasoned voices of mass slaughter like the two Galway freaks here, the county that produced the oh so well spoken and “mature” sounding Lord Haw Haw.

I see the third wheel of the Galway Nazi clique has entered the thread.

You never get just the one rat, they always move in packs.

Banning that useless cunt and introducing the ignore function have been fantastic moves. I love to see strong moderating.

The moderating isn’t as strong as it could be… But fire on ignore i campaigned for it long enough, and im slowly converting the masses

Kip of an area as are Stockton Fremont and plenty other areas around there. Doesn’t surprise me those figures,.