Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

The doom and gloom merchants have got a chasing.

4 Likes

There’s a difference between “resounding success” and “abject failure”, which you claimed.

The 15k a day “within days” was a loose comment put forward in the media weeks ago that was misinterpreted. I’d agree on complaints over not clarifying that sort of stuff, but clearly that has been the end goal for testing capabilities. They hit a road block on chemicals available and outsourced some tests. What would you have said if that had just sat on their holes?

Yes of course. The processing. Hence why it takes up to 3 weeks to get a confirmed result. At which point the virus is gone and your contacts haven’t been traced.

Have you bunions?

Only German trees apparently

1 Like

It’s taking three weeks to get test results. Meaning the test itself and subsequent attempts at contact tracing are basically pointless. Hardly a success by any definition

The lack of transparency about the backlog has been a bit jarring as well. They spent a week running from the question of how many.

Have they disclosed yet?

Anyway. That’s enough of that. Open it up to fuck

That was for some cases.

And again, you are ignoring the weekly updates of actual processed tests vs other countries.

Some

The weekly reports are processed tests, so no delay. Compare them to other countries on a weekly basis.

Those weekly updates are from x number of weeks tests. 2-21 days (2 for claire Byrne and tubs)

Do you know how many 21 day tunranrounds South Korea had?

This thread is a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

I went away for a few hours and @Julio_Geordio has had a Sidneyesque meltdown tagging me like a loon. Bizarre stuff :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Made a right mug of you

I’m still catching up here but I can’t see it.

1 Like

Is this mong for real?

92 care homes in the UK have reported COVID-19 outbreaks in the last 24 hours.

Utter bollox. We’re supposed to believe that 20 of them are in the north.

This tallies with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine model which said up to 73% of the rest of 2020 and 2021 would involve restrictions.

It’s possible pubs as we know them may not open again for years.

1 Like