Republic of Ireland MNT -v- Latvia

Evan Ferguson starts
The Doc skippers the team

Debut for Mikey J at some stage?

Who is the doc?

Great to see the Doc skippering the side.

I’m going for a 4-0 win for Ireland. Can’t wait to see how the new kit looks like too.

1 Like

They’re hardly giving the armband to a new fella?

You cannot beat the sense of optimism before an ROI MNT’s game before the inevitable let down

4 Likes

Sure isn’t that why we support them. We’re a great little country sure. In saying that, we should be putting a few past the Latvians.

We’ll dare to dream and apologise to no-one for it

1 Like

Great to see the Doc get the armband.

Isn’t it? The man is class. Everyone knows who he is.

Is this on terrestrial tonight or are we iptving it?

It’s the least the D man deserves

1 Like

If they don’t win tonight, Kenny needs to go.

There’s actually a few promising lads now.

1 Like

His pre match talk in the huddle just before kick off will be class

1 Like

RTE2

That’s the thing. I’m optimistic about the future direction of this team but I’m also gravely sceptical about the manager. It doesn’t help when a simpleton cohort who think Kenny is building something great have managed to brainwash the mainstream media. A competent manager who can speak in interviews and motivate players would be transformative for this group. A manager who’s tactically fluid and commands respect. That’s not Kenny imo.

1 Like

The Doc is at the biggest club and on the biggest stage he gets the armband, genius from boss man Steo :clap:

1 Like

Going for 1-0 dour victory for our lads. It won’t be pretty. Just excited to see Ferguson getting his start at this level.

Latvia are ranked 133rd in World, 10 places behind the Faroes

They drew with Germany at Euro 2004 though so we need to be vigilant! I think we beat them 3-0 in a friendly in the opening game of the O’ Neill and Keane era back in 2013.

1 Like