Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

27 is young. Now I know he was fat as a fool but what gives?

I didn’t read the letter, it was two pages FFS.

Is he injured or something? Very talented player and probably one of the best subs of all time. He’ll be hard to replace

Yes, multiple knee operations.

@crutches you needn’t have bothered to put up the letter there as these lads aren’t reading it

3 Likes

Cartilage problems in his knees.

1 Like

A magnificent player.

1 Like

Sad to see a lad with his wrists having to retire at 27. A very talented player on his day and a loss for Limerick as he had turned into a very good impact sub. Will be remembered fondly by Limerick fans for his contribution in 2018.

1 Like

Only fitting his final ever contribution for Limerick was that wonder goal against Kilkenny.

4 Likes

I heard last year he was going to reinvent himself as a goalkeeper.

He’d have a lot of the attributes required. I think Na Piarsaigh could use him there going forward.

Reinvent? He started out hurling in goals.

I’d say a lot of these young lads have had time to reflect in the last few months for the first time in their lives and have figured out that it’s not worth the hassle torturing themselves for their hobby.

12 Likes

The fastest and slowest inter-county players in the country both retire in the same week. What are the chances?

6 Likes

A great fella. Fair play to him.

1 Like

The Dow has no more worlds to conquer.

4 Likes

A 2 page letter to announce he’s retirement​:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

That’s the abridged version .

…and he still never mentioned me after I teaching him everything he knows.

You didn’t teach him to book flights on Ryanair anyway.

2 Likes

There was no need. The only holiday he ever took as a young lad was when he broke his arm. He’d never miss a match.

There’s a fair queue for that goal in Na Piarsaigh as is. Kennedy is 33 this year.

One thing ye may not know about him is that he’s big into the horses. If the hurling doesn’t take up his free time, horses will.

1 Like

Himself and Seanie Tobin and a few more had great times with a horse called Sassaway who won a few times for them on the flat.