Retiring GAA Stars tribute thread - May cause brain/neck damage

The more of these lads not around the squad the better for the rest of us. Driving standards and bringing massive leadership to the panel. A fantastic player at his best

3 Likes

+1

Always felt O’Sullivan was very overrated. A cog in a great Dublin team but very serviceable…

2 Likes

It’s true he hasn’t played last few years but in his pomp he played the toughest and most important role in that team and he made it look so easy .best club footballer In Dublin for a time too …

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t know. It’s hard to judge the Dublin players individually. They could lose any one of their key players in that period and still probably won an All Ireland. For me I would say McCaffrey is the best player Dublin have produced in that time and they’ve won a few All Irelands now where he wasn’t involved.

1 Like

Thought he was supposed to be a better hurler. No?

Don’t remember him playing hurling …Rory o Carroll was better hurler alright

Given centre back is probably hardest position to play (well it was !)O Sullivan would have protected a loose enough full back line and held the position with Maccarthy and mccaffrey bombing forward either side …if you watched him from behind the goal his positonal sense was unrale

4 Likes

Would proper long time Dublin gaa men like yourself who followed the team throughout the mark Vaughan Kevin bonnar full houses v Longford era and probably thought they’d never win one still give a shite about them winning or has the craic gone completely out of it?

Ah for last few years I only go to one match a year if even -the final …anything else is a procession …I’ve no massive interest any more …it actually annoys me watching Dublin fans frothing at the mouth punching the air with their kids as Dublin go 20 points up …that’s not what sports about* …

*except if it’s Kerry you’re batein

3 Likes

Cian was Officer Class.

5 Likes

A sad day for Benetti Menswear.

7 officers all gone now

2 Likes

To use a rugby phrase, “The leadership group”.

1 Like

The core leadership group.

Spillane will be watching closely so nobody gets to 9 medals

Or as Franno would say - ‘The Executive’.

When Jim needed to execute 6+1 defensive protocols after 2014 - he turned to one man; O’Sullivan who delivered in spades. Took a chance on him in 2018 final v Tyrone when half fit such was his importance but got lucky pulling him ashore early doors.

Cian would have been very familiar to the TFK IFSCRA brigade dining often in defunct salad bar Borlottie at lunch before collecting his Gourmet Food Parlour dinners in Parnell Park.

4 Likes

What’s this ? Is that how the dubs are fed after training ?

Usually there’s a guy in the Subaru passenger seat spoon feeding them as they drive home but if Roy Curtis is off, Cian would bring his home

13 Likes