Rip Jonah Lomu

Fucking hell

He did have a very short career as a rugby player

I was more laughing at the way you constructed your post

That’s sad. Even if you weren’t into rugby back in the 90s, you knew Jonah Lomu.

RIP

3 Likes

Didn’t look like a man close to death

1 Like

A global phenomenon. 40 is no age. Very sad news.

1 Like

Very entertaining player to watch. Simon Geoghegan was one of the few to manage to tackle him without getting smashed. RIP.

terrible news, this is the best christmas song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HkJHApgKqw

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9zdilFwHxY

loved this one too

2 Likes

terrible news, not a fan but a lot of people loved ab fab

1 Like

The sight of Mike Catt shitting his pants as Lomu trampled over him to score a try was quite something.

R.I.P. Jonah

1 Like

RIP Jonah Lomu

Would have thought he was more than 40 but sure he was only a gasĂșn when he came on the scene

And Purdey

40 years of age, fucking hell. Always came across as a very genuine guy. 40 is no age.

He was a phenomenon when he came on the scene. Untouchable.

Jonah’s Wesley College athletics champs results 1989

Mike Catt - Door mat.

1 Like

RIP Jonah.

There was no better sight in rugby than when Lomu ran over the English lads. He was a freak of nature with the size and power such a pity to see him brought by illness and taken so young.

RIP Big Jonah.

I am truly shocked and saddened by this news.

And the reaction afterwards from Will Carling describing him as a ‘freak’.

Some good stories from planet rugby

“Just heard Clive Woodward on Radio 4 telling a story about how he was in the ENgland dressing room before an All Blacks game whereby he was giving a pep talk to the team, telling them that he would not have selected any All Black over any of the men in that room. Will Greenwood sticks his hand up and asks “Can we swap Austin Healey for Jonah Lomu”?”

“I remember in 1995 a local radio station had a call-in program before the RWC final dedicated to ways to stop Lomu. One guy reckoned there is only one way: 140kg of pure evil venom
 his mother-in-law.”

2 Likes